USA Bravo vs Trophy Plus

Can someone review difference with me? Heard trophy plus doesn't compare to a 4 blade bravo....?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Can someone review difference with me? Heard trophy plus doesn't compare to a 4 blade bravo....?

Watching
    Big O Boat250 Merc Pro XS

3. Member
    Best to tell us about the boat and motor, with any added accessories,that you want to use these props on...... Also state your goals.

4. Member
    On my Ranger 521vx the Bravo has better lift and hole shot but it's not a huge difference but mildly noticeable. I run a 26p trophy and a 27p bravo 1xs. In my experience the Trophy gets slightly better fuel economy. The bravo carries a heavier load better without losing much speed. The trophy is a very adequate prop all around for me and takes idling around stumps better because of the thicker blades. By myself the bravo and the trophy run about the same speed within 1-1.5 mph.

5. Banned
    On my heavy boat the bravo has a ton of boat lift and is 3-4 mph faster than 2 of the trophy’s that I ran. The fury 4 was faster when I was lightly loaded, but when I loaded it down the fury4 sucked (yeah I know you didn’t ask about a fury4). Bravo xs was the best all around 4 blade that I ran.

6. Member
    A properly set up bravo performs better than a trophy in every aspect except top speed. The trophy is typically about 2 mph faster. A trophy is a great all around prop,it does everything well but nothing great. The Bravo is great except top speed. If you have a very fast boat that surfaces props, the bravo also has good top speed.

7. Member
    When I bought my used boat 3 yrs ago it came with a 26 and 27 B&B Trophy Plus. Both props had 6ish second holeshots (horrible) and tons of steering torque (no hydraulic steering). Bought a stock 26 Bravo XS and holeshot went to about 4 sec and no steering torque. B&B'd the Bravo and now the holeshot is even better.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    A properly set up bravo performs better than a trophy in every aspect except top speed. The trophy is typically about 2 mph faster. A trophy is a great all around prop,it does everything well but nothing great. The Bravo is great except top speed. If you have a very fast boat that surfaces props, the bravo also has good top speed.
    Thats how mine is.
    Big O Boat250 Merc Pro XS

9. Member
    also consider I can get 2 used trophys for the same price as a bravo. I own 2 paid 400 cad$ for both. I can't find a bravo for less than 500$ cad$..

I tried a 22 bravo I didn't notice better mid or handling.. just holseshot . 24 trophy is a bit low rpm in summer heat but fastest prop and trimmed flat it rails.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff