Thread: shipping a prop

shipping a prop

What is the best way to package a prop for shipping? I do not have the Original Box. Thank you

2. Member
    Wheel rim box.

3. Member
    Get a box the prop fits in. Strong one. Cut a piece of ply wood square that fits the box. Bolt the wood to the prop with the wood on the hub side of the blades. As to protect the sharpe edges. Set it in the box. Fill around the blades with cardboard and paper to make the box stronger. Tape it up. Don’t pay for expressive insurance. You props will arrive in great condition. If it’s a lab finished prop I sometimes put wood on both sides of the prop. As they are very fragile. And very expensive.
    i store mine in the same boxes.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

4. Banned
    I just go to the ups store and let them deal with it, when you insure it they make sure that they box it for their standards. Yeah it cost a few more $$$ but it sure is easier to deal with.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I just go to the ups store and let them deal with it, when you insure it they make sure that they box it for their standards. Yeah it cost a few more $$$ but it sure is easier to deal with.
    Or do this it will cost you a bunch thoe. I ship a lot of expensive props and it just not practical.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    Or do this it will cost you a bunch thoe. I ship a lot of expensive props and it just not practical.

Usually cost me beteen $30-$50 depending on how far I’m shipping it. How much do you guys pay on average?

7. Member
    $22 - $120 depending on where it’s going and how fast. I’ve done a good bit of business with bblades in prinston wi.

Some times I send as many as 6 sets of props back and forth setting up a twin. They have a good prop program.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    $22 - $120 depending on where it’s going and how fast. I’ve done a good bit of business with bblades in prinston wi.

Some times I send as many as 6 sets of props back and forth setting up a twin. They have a good prop program.

Good lord that’s a herd of props!

9. Member
    Go to a local boat dealer and get a prop box from them. They throw them away after putting props on new boat/motor combos.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs