question for you all Charger owners

possibly looking at a Charger boat. what I am wondering is what the transom is made from. I know most all company's started with wood which over time rots and a transom has to be replaced, ran into that issue once.
    the next boat I buy I want it to last a long time and not have to worry about structural issues.
    what all in the charger boats is made from wood and did they go to full fiberglass transom in a certain year or anything you all might be able to tell me will help.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    4 inches of composite material, it isn’t going anywhere!!

3. Banned
    I'd say most builders went to composites somewhere around 2000... That being said, if a composite material isn't sealed properly you'll have just as much damage/ or problems as a wood material not sealed properly... Just do your due diligence before buying. Check all the hull fittings, transom bolts, transom tie down, bow eye, the chrome piece covering the back of the transom... And take a trusted buddy with you as independent eyes, we tend to get all hyped up looking and may miss something in all the excitement... Dan

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Charger since mid 90 has been 4 inches of fiberglass no rot Greenwood inc (lifetime warranty by the company)which is 3/4 3/4 3/4 with 1/4 inch of glass on both sides.plus another 1/2 inch of glass in the hull equals almost 4 inches thick transom.Now in 2006 they went to a composite material and still 4 inches thick.Kinda strange about wood the playcraft side still uses the same wood today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 07-12-2018 at 07:30 AM.