Question 04 TR196PDC = What sending unit?

I'm looking to get my fuel gauge working again. Can anybody tell me what model number sending unit originally was in this '04 TR196PDC or perfect replacement for it? Years ago it was replaced from a pendulum style to a vertical Style. That one only worked for one season. The Gauge is always at "E" and sometimes goes to quarter or half when in rough water. I pulled the sending wire and nothing happened so, I connected it and jumped it to ground and it goes to full so I'm suspecting a wire shorting out or bad sending unit. There is 12.4 volts at gauge. Not sure what it should be at sending unit once I get to it tonight or tomorrow.
    I would also be curious to know what tank shape or model number is to figure where lowest point is or how much fuel might left in it after I pumped out a half tank of bad gas leaving it empty. I replaced gas with half tank of Premium no ethonal.

I have an 08 and will look at it tonight if it's not storming. What are the numbers on top of your sending unit? I can tell you what it is based off of those numbers. I was in the tank business for years and made the tanks for these for a while. The vertical float style is the better sending unit, just FYI.

3. Member
    Sending only has "8341-7015 5207". The fuel tank reads Moeller Marine Products model Ft4422. I found sending wire still connected with two green wires off ground. One green ran with red sending wire behind driver seat assuming to gauge and the other green was disconnect and assumed went to another third darker green wire that had a connector on the end but, nothing happened after I cut, cleaned and joined the two. I then tested ohms at sender and got "0" with wires connected as first found. I did test meter before reading and it did zero out. No continuity either. After messing with everything possible and taking pictures read it again with wires disconnected and couldn't get a reading just read as "1". Tank is about half empty and was expecting it around 133 ohms. I assume the sending unit needs replaced and I lost courage to pull it out/was too tired! I'd post pics if knew how.

4. Member

5. Member
    Ok, I figured how easy to post pics. Also, not sure if that screw top right on sender pic had a wire attached?

6. Member
    Anyone know what legnth sender I need or depth of this tank Ft4422? I would prefer to have new replacement prior to pulling out the old one to avoid driving into/all over town or worst case having to order one. Seat is still out and I want to fish this weekend! How worried should I be about new one leaking once in?

7. Member
    This tank is 14 in deep. Had to use a Moeller Marine product 12" to 24" part number 35729 - 10 and bend it in a long "S" pattern going behind driver seat in order for it to fit and work top to bottom. This model has float in line wth the shaft and not in a "L" bend. There is no way to put a vertical sending unit in this boat! To bad a verticle sender unit can't be made to bend going in/out and straighten once in place. The best tip I found online for this project was to mark the sending unit and Gasket on the side with the Sharpie marker prior to installing so the holes line up. Easy project but a bit of time. Hope this helps someone somwhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images