Thread: Fish Finders

Fish Finders

Ok my opinion, Lowrance, Hummingbird, Ray Marine, Garmin,and all the rest. Not enough money in Fort Knox to keep the latest technology on the market. And if you did the back of the boat would look like cheesecloth from all the holes needed for all the different transducers. In addition one needs a degree to operate these devices. And they say they are simple! Well for me they are not. I prefer to fish rather than push buttons.

Just as soon to have a good ole flasher. Sorry --- my opinion they are ripping folks off.

2. Member
    I se what you're saying, Lookout, but the detail on the newest finders is amazing. In some cases it's like a picture and you can tell if that's a 5 lb bass or a 5 lb catfish. Heck, you might even be able to tell what he had for dinner 2 weeks ago, haha.

I agree that there's a money-grab going on right now, and that Solix isn't great for picking out fish in shallow water (6' or so), but given time the technology will get cheaper. Say two more years or so. Remember when GPS was over $1000? Now you can get a GPS 2005 model for about $100.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

3. Joe4d
    Yeh no kidding,, I remember when people "fished" you know,, looked at a map,, looked at the terrain and figured out what the lake looked like, triangulated landmarks on shore and just remembered stuff. Now,, OMG people die and run around in circles I guess without their list of "waypoints"

4. Member
    Asked my wife to give me depths from back seat tonight so I didn’t have to turn on the front unit. She could read the back unit from her seat. She needs something to do to be part of the team��

OLD School , 1060 dash flasher circa 1989, $200.00 Lowrance on TM, then watch for jumping minnows and Heron's on Bank. had LCR and it went kaput long ago, so GOT the CHEAPIE TM FF one. that's it.

6. Banned
    i'll keep my solix 15's thank you very much

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    i'll keep my solix 15's thank you very much
    Try dropping a fish back by the transducer and see if you're still happy. Not saying you won't be, but I wasn't. I dropped a 3lber back there and he might as well have been a ghost.

Structure you can see great, but fish close by? Not so much (in my experience).
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

8. Member
    They are depth Finders with a GPS. Rest of the hoopla is worthless. But y'all keep buying a new one every year. I'm sure the companies appreciate the loyalty!! LOL

9. Member
    Oh forgot to say my friend has 2 Lowrance HDS 9's and 2 new Hummingbirds on his boat and again they are depthfinders and GPS's. LOL I've always said the man upstairs looks after crazy people.

10. Member
    So why are you so worried about how others spend their money?
    Keep going with your flasher, minnow jumping and herons. I'll keep finding fish, dropping a bait down on top of them and watching them eat the bait.
    Everyone has their own thing..

11. Joe4d
    Well with at least 4 good brands to chose from eventually competition will lower prices.. But it looks like they are getting what they ask for them,, so why lower prices now ? I imagine the markup on these things is huge. I cant imagine these have any better graphics or any more computing power than a basic laptop..
    All about the interface... What would really be a "gamechanger" LOL,,,, would be for someone to figure out how to hook up one of these transducers to a generic windows 10 laptop or tablet

12. Member
    Ok boys. They are gonna release the new fish Finders in August! All new improvements. LOL

13. Member
    I just purchased a new boat and put a flasher in dash up ft with the transducer on the trolling motor

14. Member
    It was a Vexilar. It works great and is simple. Rigger at dealership really liked it and commented how well made it was

15. Member
    That's the way to go.

I’ll keep my Garmins, mapping and Panoptics.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,