Attention Texas Bass Fishermen! Texas Fishing League starts August 4th!!!

Our first Central event is on LBJ on August 4th! Coming up fast! Our furst South event on Amistad is also in August. If your club tournaments aren't enough for you to get your fix, come join us for some great fishing.
    texasfishingleague.com

jarrodsanders62@gmail.com

2. Banned
    I may do the Amistad stuff until it's time to start killin deer.

3. Member
    I hear that tritonman250
    I hope to see you there!

4. Banned
    Where is the championship going to be? That November Amistad tournament date really sucks, that's Thanksgiving weekend, don't think I'll make that one.

5. Member
    It will either be amistad or falcon unless choke canyon fills up.

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    It will either be amistad or falcon unless choke canyon fills up.
    Championship has been posted on their website on Amistad:
    Amistad-Championship 1/12-1/13

Debra

7. Member

Exclamation

Pretty sad they can't figure a schedule out, the site says south championship was changed to 12/29-12/30 due to bass champs. BC schedule has been out for a while now and it is not 1/12. Now fish 3 out of 4 make it to a championship? Schedule needs to be firm before posting unless water levels force you to change.

8. Member
    6boomer our schedule has been up for 10 months. Basschamps just posted their dates last month. While we have been in the central area for 3 years already this is our first year in the South. The initial plan was to alternate choke and Amistad. Choke is empty but some of our guys want to go there so we made the stipulation that if choke came up we could go there. This was before champs' schedule conflicted with ours.
    We have had 3 schedule rewrites due to other tournaments in the area and this champs one was so close to our opener we didn't want to shuffle the dates again so we simply omitted one event. I know this has been frustrating for some anglers and, believe me, it has been frustrating for me and my partners in this. I hope you can get past your anger and possibly come out and give us a chance. I would love to see you out there.

9. Member
    No anger just a little confused, I will be there anyway see how it works out..I've been a Tourny Director and President now and I'm definitely aware of the frustrations and scheduling conflicts with this.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    No anger just a little confused, I will be there anyway see how it works out..I've been a Tourny Director and President now and I'm definitely aware of the frustrations and scheduling conflicts with this.
    Good to hear. I hope to see you there and you will definitely have a good time.

11. Member
    The problem for me is 5 day off limits that means if I want to pre fish I have to make a extra trip every tourny that is alot of extra cost. That is why I am not fishing champs next year.

12. Banned
    I'm with you on that Bill.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    6boomer our schedule has been up for 10 months. Basschamps just posted their dates last month. While we have been in the central area for 3 years already this is our first year in the South. The initial plan was to alternate choke and Amistad. Choke is empty but some of our guys want to go there so we made the stipulation that if choke came up we could go there. This was before champs' schedule conflicted with ours.
    We have had 3 schedule rewrites due to other tournaments in the area and this champs one was so close to our opener we didn't want to shuffle the dates again so we simply omitted one event. I know this has been frustrating for some anglers and, believe me, it has been frustrating for me and my partners in this. I hope you can get past your anger and possibly come out and give us a chance. I would love to see you out there.
    I like the schedule because of the 1-12 tournament because we could use that for your tournament and prefish for Champs on the 19th, that has gone out the window now. Not fully understanding why you changed that up but I'm sure you had your reasons.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    I like the schedule because of the 1-12 tournament because we could use that for your tournament and prefish for Champs on the 19th, that has gone out the window now. Not fully understanding why you changed that up but I'm sure you had your reasons.
    That was why I questioned the change, easy for me I live there.

15. Member
    Why do these team tournaments have the 5 day off limit rules. It is so expensive to travel and no practice on Friday is just not worth the effort and expense. I enjoyed the TTT this year as they let you practice on Friday. This is a big part as to why they have such a large turn out. I have spoken with 3 teams already that will not enter because of this rule.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtree41 View Post
    Why do these team tournaments have the 5 day off limit rules. It is so expensive to travel and no practice on Friday is just not worth the effort and expense. I enjoyed the TTT this year as they let you practice on Friday. This is a big part as to why they have such a large turn out. I have spoken with 3 teams already that will not enter because of this rule.
    I won't either, that one thing about champs as well. Amistad is not all that bad for me at 3 hours but Falcon is nearly 6 and that makes for a lot of travel and then going back for the tournament is a pain in the ass. I brought that up to Chad at Amistad this year and asked him about looking into the Friday deal and he acted like he didn't hear me and walked off. TTT is a better trail anyway, payout is better, and cheaper to enter. Only bad thing about them is from my area it's a haul but atleast you have Friday to get in the water.

17. Bobby8
    So much for taking care of our resources - Bass and no, I am no tree hugger. What I am is a guy who likes fisin' LBJ. Why in the world would you put on a tournament the first week of August with the water temps we have in South, South Central Texas? Got some buddies in TPWD, their word is that 90% of the fish will die within 3-5 days of tournaments held with water temps at or above 80 degrees. Delayed mortality is what they call it.

I am sure the Texas Fishing League are good folks but August is not the time for this. I assume they are trying their best not to conflict with other trails but there has to be better options.

If anyone gets butt hurt by the above I will apologize now but the above is my opinion.

18. Member
    Bobby8, we had 2 early weigh-in bonuses to get people to bring fish in early to weigh in. We had a total of 6 fish die and those were 2 pounders. Any fish loss is sad but one of our anglers took those home and made use of them.
    54 teams came out in the heat and 51 weighed limits. Out of that sample, 6 fish is a small number.

19. Member
    First place took home $5400. Too bad they didn't have a Skeeter, they could habe gotten "Real Money"