Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I paid 29k free and clear (no trade or anything) for a brand new 2016, identical to what you described minus the topper. Got it in January of 2017, 25k sounds a little pricey to me, but I know they are over priced. I got 11k for my 2011 that I sold privately with 170k miles on it.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemoodie View Post
    I paid 29k free and clear (no trade or anything) for a brand new 2016, identical to what you described minus the topper. Got it in January of 2017, 25k sounds a little pricey to me, but I know they are over priced. I got 11k for my 2011 that I sold privately with 170k miles on it.
    That is a good point. I think they are having some pretty good rebates right now. You may be able to get into something new for about the same price range. Maybe even a little more for a crew cab. I love my crew cab about as much as I love the truck.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Until you get the range just put it in manual 5 and it will stay in 8cyl. I have the range but don't always use it, sometimes it throws a code. M5 is good for the hilly terrain around here.
    I had a 2012, then a 2015,and now a 2017, all with the same drive train. No issues at all, and I use Manual 5 setting instead of overdrive for all towing. Has more torque for towing, accelerates better, and actually gets better mileage, plus zero concern about AFM kicking in. When not towing, AFM is a non-issue, as I have never had a single problem and it shifts very smoothly between 4 and 8 cylinders. You wouldn’t even know it, but of course you could run in M5 all the time if you wished. Still barely 2200 RPMs at 70 miles per hour in M5. (Now L5)
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Banned
    Well, picked the truck up today and i love it! Question though, how do i cut the fog lights on...they don’t come on when the switch is on auto. Dumb question but thanks in advance

5. Banned
    Any of y’all know if there are any down sides to running in manual 5 all the time?

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate360v View Post
    Found a good deal on one, 4 WD, one owner, custom ARE cap, 52,000 miles. 5.3 L V8. Thinking seriously about it. You guys have any experience with these?
    get it before someone does. I have the 2012 with 6.2l. Love the truck and never an issue. I’d like to get a new high country but there is nothing at all wrong with my truck.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

I bought a 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 5.3l in July of last year with 88,250 on it. It's up to 110k now with a lot of those towing my boat and so far, so good. If the price is good, I'd jump all over it.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

8. Banned
    Actually bought it a month ago. Just need to get a leveling kit and flowmasters and im good ha

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

10. BIG BLUE NATION
    some 5 yr. olds are demanding more than that! at least in this area, they are!!

sorry this is in response to catch5

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    A 5 year old truck with 54,000 Miles is still 25k?? Lord I’ll never get a newer truck I fear. Lol
    Most mid size and full size trucks with 100k+ on them are still in the 20's around here. I've been looking at Tacomas and Colorados lately and 2012-2013 Tacos with 100k on them are still $22-26k. Probably going to look at a brand new Colorado this afternoon for $27k. Swore I'd never have a car payment, let alone buy a new vehicle right now, but might as well check it out considering used prices. My Jeep is about to go belly up and I'm not spending the money on an engine rebuild or a reman since the rest of it is aging like milk too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate360v View Post
    Actually bought it a month ago. Just need to get a leveling kit and flowmasters and im good ha
    Leveling kit will cost you appox. 2 mpg loss but looks good though. Look up Tom's 4 Wheel drive in Lexington for all your add on goodies.
    Scotts Muffler in Ready Creek will be the cheapest on the Flow Masters. Enjoy

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    Leveling kit will cost you appox. 2 mpg loss but looks good though. Look up Tom's 4 Wheel drive in Lexington for all your add on goodies.
    Scotts Muffler in Ready Creek will be the cheapest on the Flow Masters. Enjoy
    Already got those two on speed dial haha. Hard to beat Scott's prices. Thanks Mark!

Damn, I didn't realize I was sitting on a Gold mine, 2012 ext cab with 29600 mi on it as of today. I like the truck other than it surges on it own in stop and go traffic sometimes, oh and the tranny, short shifting POS and the 2nd to 3rd shift sucks when the tranny temp is below 50 not as bad since I put full syn tranny fluid in but still does it.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

15. Member
    I own an extended cab. I regret not getting a crew cab, I don't have any midget friends so my back seat is pretty useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12