2006 Skeeter Brain Box

I have a 2006 Skeeter 20i (i-class) and the brain box is have some shorting issues. Turns out this brain box is no longer available...a new system has to be installed...and according to the dealer that will be $1,000...please and thank you.

Just wondering if anyone out there has one of these brain boxes for sale, or knows how to get their hands on one, or knows any dark places of the internet to find one....part numbers and details and pics are included. Thanks in advance if anyone can bail me out!

Manufacturer: Carling Technologies
    Kit Number: ECS-000067
    Part Number: ECP-000067-1
    Serial Number: 005808
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    have you tried calling Carling Tech? I have had decent feedback from the makers when the distributors have stopped carrying certain items. I have an 09 and have thought seriously about buying another for this very reason

3. Member
    I did but unfortunately received a very curt email that was zero help. They simply said in their reply "We do not support this model any more. Contact Skeeter." ....and Skeeter basically told me they won't replace it either....alas...

4. Member
    Give me your serial number of your boat. I’ll get the part numbers and contact a few dealers I know and get prices for you and it can be shipped directly to your house.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXFISH View Post
    Give me your serial number of your boat. I’ll get the part numbers and contact a few dealers I know and get prices for you and it can be shipped directly to your house.
    Darn nice of you TXFISH!!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

6. Member
    I don't think you're going to have any luck. Get ready to make the conversion. I did mine myself for about $250.

7. Member
    what exactly is converted?

8. Member
    Skeeters fix for this is to mail you a panel, rocker switches, and wires so that you can remove the touchpad and convert it to rocker style switches.

9. Member
    he said the brain box, not just a touch pad

10. Member
    The I class is different than the ZX model switch panel.

11. Member
    I guess I am confused because I thought he was looking for the brain box, not the switch panel on the console.

am I missing something?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    I guess I am confused because I thought he was looking for the brain box, not the switch panel on the console.

am I missing something?
    Without a brain box the DMS has to be rewired to rocker switches.

13. Member
    Sorry for the late reply on this....I really appreciate the help! I am assuming by Serial Number you mean the hull ID number? That number is STE96687C606. I have also attached pictures of the unit. Part numbers on the unit are ECP-000067-1 and the serial number on the unit is 005808. Thanks in advance for trying for me!!

14. Member
    The box had already been replaced on my 06 20i when i picked it up but here's what's in mine now.

Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

15. Member
    What is crazy is that it looks so much more complicated than what I have now haha! Why would they go to something "more" complicated?? Crazy....

16. Member
    because "complicated" is relative