My lower unit is stuck!

I have an 06 225 vmax hpdi series 2. I went to change my water pump, removed 8 nuts/bolts and cannot get the lower unit to budge! I tried a dead blow hammer and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Or tricks? I appreciate it!

2. Member
    Did you remove the bolt that the anode is held in place? Can you post pictures of the areas all bolts removed?

3. Member
    Got the 3 on each side just below cavitation plate and the one on top holding the anode that's above the prop and the other bolt that's underneath the anode.

4. Member
    I would try putting that one bolt that is up under the anode back in just finger tight then backing it off about a half turn or so then take a rubber mallet and smack it where it seams together working around all the way around the perimeter a couple of times until it turns loose. That way it won't just try to fall away on you when it turns loose. The main input shaft is probably just a little stuck where it splines in. I'm sure it will come loose with a little work.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    I would try putting that one bolt that is up under the anode back in just finger tight then backing it off about a half turn or so then take a rubber mallet and smack it where it seams together working around all the way around the perimeter a couple of times until it turns loose. That way it won't just try to fall away on you when it turns loose. The main input shaft is probably just a little stuck where it splines in. I'm sure it will come loose with a little work.
    Thanks for the input. I'll take another crack at it tomorrow. Here I thought cleaning the popit valve was gonna be the pain haha.

6. Member
    There are 2 under the cav plate. One under the anode and another right in front of it. Should be 9 total including the top side anode bolt.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    There are 2 under the cav plate. One under the anode and another right in front of it. Should be 9 total including the top side anode bolt.
    Yep 9. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

8. Member
    Yeah the lower unit came out pretty easy once I removed that last bolt ..thanks for the help guys

9. Member
    Don't feel bad, when we got our 300hpdi I just about got the prybars out before finding the missing bolt!
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    I just about got the prybars out before finding the missing bolt!
    I believe it happens quite often!