Thread: Liquid Rollers

Liquid Rollers

Thinking about giving liquid rollers a try on my bunk board trailer ? Any feed back from users about this product ? Pros and cons ? Thanks Guys !

2. Member
    Haven't tried this but according to others that have used spray on silicone be very careful because it makes the bunks very slick. I assume that would have the same affect so you would need to be very careful and make sure you don't unhook you strap before reaching the water and make sure your strap is hooked before pulling the boat out or reap the consequinces.
    Rocket

3. mikesxpress
    It will hold sand/grit in the carpet?

4. Member
    Sprayed silicon on the bunks of a Stratos trailer years ago. Boat feel off the trailer on the ramp damaged fiberglass on at transom. Be very careful don’t unhook until you are in the water.

5. Member
    I use it on my trailer and I love it. But you absolutely need to wait until the boat is in the water to fully unhook. When loading if you get too much on there it will want to slide back off the trailer when you take the boat out of gear. Every boat loads different but to avoid some of these issues, I only spray the front 2/3 of the bunks. It allows me to give the winch strap a couple inches of slack before I back in. I back into the water until I see the boat slide back a little and stop to unload. I then unhook the strap and climb in to back off, which takes no high revving. With only the front 2/3 sprayed it doesn't want to slide back off as bad when loading as when I sprayed the entire bunks. But you will need to always be sure to hook up and tighten your strap before pulling the trailer up the ramp. Without question it allows me to load and unload my trailer much shallower.

I tried regular spray silicone and it did not perform nearly as good as Liquid Rollers.

Try putting liquid dish soap on your bunks. Lot cheaper, eco friendly and won't be labeled "extremely flammable".