Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar

Found this interesting!!

Seems a lot of the wants on the bird is already on the Axiom, guess we’re still playing catch up!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/show-thread.php?t=818973

Change screen size? Yep
    Save pre set apps? Yep
    update all units at once? Yep
    Edit icons? Yep
    Start up at lower screen intensity? Yep
    Engine page? Yep

lets go to the end, 3 year warranty? Yep
    Read depth? Yep
    Change screen to what ever view you want without a preset? Yep
    Sirius weather? Yep
    Unit that works lol? YEP!!

There is more wants that we already have just to many to cover.

Very interesting!!!!!! Can you save your settings under files with the Raymarine...I really use this feature with my sets..Different settings for different lakes..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Don't believe we have that yet, but Hopefully they can do an update and get that done.
    I keep hearing about having to go to manual to get the best pictures, this time of year im fishing humps and off shore creeks etc. I go from 40ft to 10 ft and no setting other than manual is going to work if you want to fish. As soon as you get it set for 30 ft you roll up on 10 ft and your setting art going to work, then you re-adjust and drop back into 40ft of water.

4. Banned
    60% of the wishes listed in that thread where listed by people not realizing they already had them. most of those are already available

5. Member
    I may be missing exactly what you guys are talking about so please forgive my ignorance, but could you not take care of that just as easy with another profile and simply switch between them as desired? Granted that seems like an odd step going all the way 'back out' and switch profiles, but these Axioms are so damn fast it takes seconds. Like I said, probably missed what was really being asked so hopefully if that is not a useful comment I get a chance to learn something new again! :)

Later Guys,

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Oh didn't know you could do variable size screens and have sirius weather on the birds?

That could be Robert, I haven't played with it much as I always use auto 90% of the time. I never stay at a certain depth much it seems.

7. Member
    You can change pane size with helix units. Humminbird used to have XM weather but stopped supporting it along with weather sense and cannon link. You can still get the xm weather if you have one of the xx8 units

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Carl

9. Member
    LOL, what about image quality? Stuff like structue detail, ability to see fish?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Thanks for the update Carl

11. Banned
    heres your engine page from my solix. a little more complicated on helix, but still possible

fusion audio control

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Ya need to start checking that list off!

13. Banned

14. Member
    Keep it relivent TroyBoy, you’re cluttering our forum again...

15. Member
    Troy, is the panel on the left of the second graphic Chirp Sonar?

Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    That is the 2D sonar view with Sensitivity set too high. He is has both Med and High CHIRP turned on.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Keep it relivent TroyBoy, you’re cluttering our forum again...
    It is relevant to his post

Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    2d sonar on med/high chirp max mode with sensitive cranked up. My units stay adjusted for deep water fishing. I just happened to be in shallow ish water when I did the screen shot

18. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    2d sonar on med/high chirp max mode with sensitive cranked up. My units stay adjusted for deep water fishing. I just happened to be in shallow ish water when I did the screen shot
    So it looks like CHit, What your saying is that the unit has to be manually, adjusted for what depth your in. If you are fishing in 20 ft and drift up to 10 ft on a ledge, you have to stop fishing to re adjust your unit for a better picture.

Are we fishing or taking pictures of the fish. You are still in 20 ft of water.

Maybe wrong in thinking here, but a unit should be run in auto and show you what you need while fishing, not playing with graphs to get the best picture then fishing.

Are we fishing here or just trying to get the best image off a unit???

Where are the fish shadows??
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=907848 Looked at a few shots you have posted up and see no fish shadow that the Mega is to be so hot at!! This is just one of your post with no fish sahdows!!

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Why are you TB still coming on here, when you have never ran a Raymarine unit, and comparing units when you haven't used one. Seems like maybe you need to at least go use a unit before commenting on something.

You keep saying we are playing catchup, yet when we offer drone controls and netflix you say its not reverent, nothing is reverent until you have something to compare it to.

So when we offer something its reverent, when we offer the same option we are playing catch up.

20. Banned
    So it looks like CHit, What your saying is that the unit has to be manually, adjusted for what depth your in. If you are fishing in 20 ft and drift up to 10 ft on a ledge, you have to stop fishing to re adjust your unit for a better picture.

Are we fishing or taking pictures of the fish. You are still in 20 ft of water.

Maybe wrong in thinking here, but a unit should be run in auto and show you what you need while fishing, not playing with graphs to get the best picture then fishing.

Are we fishing here or just trying to get the best image off a unit???

Where are the fish shadows??
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=907848 Looked at a few shots you have posted up and see no fish shadow that the Mega is to be so hot at!! This is just one of your post with no fish sahdows!!
    yes you have to adjust sensitivity on any unit when you change depth, conditions and bottom composition. humminbird is the only one who offers a max and clear mode. max mode is unfiltered info and should only be used in 20+ feet. you can't run any unit in AUTO for anything except depth. yours included. that could explain why your images are so poor. if you take the time to actually look at the screen shot, you would notice that it was taken at 6:10 am. it was taken in the small chanel from my marina leading to the main lake. there is always more plankton and clutter before the sun comes up which would require you to lower sensitivity.

there are no fish in the link you provided

ive used raymarine probably as much as you have. i have a very good friend who owns a marine install business. we run boats with multiple units installed almost daily. i also have unlimited access to all electronics with boe

you said

Ya need to start checking that list off!
    the song is 'aint no body got time for that'. its a joke. if you would take some time to do some research on other units, you could avoid making threads with incorrect information. if you read that entire thread, you would see that most users who post a wish item that already exists, are corrected. you simply wanted to stir the pot instead of be accurate.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 07-16-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast