2015 G2 250HO False Low Oil Alarm

I jest read the forum rues and I don't have my serial number handy, but here's the dealio: I was pulling kids on the tube and not getting on it at all, when I got an alarm beep. ICON gauge was displaying low oil, which was really weird, because I topped it off this spring and have only put a couple hours on the boat this summer. So...I popped the back seat checked the remote reservoir and, yep, still full. I pumped the the hand bulb in the oil line a few times, started the engine and no more alarm. Put a couple more hours on tubing and got the alarm again, squeeze bulb, no more problem. So...is the problem my engine or my reservoir? I did a couple google searches and found that there might be a recall for venting the oil reservoir...anyone know if that's true or not? I never received anything in the mail
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

Did you check the engine mounted tank.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes check the engine mounted oil tank It is a 2 gallon tank, I don't think many people opt for the optional 1.8 Gallon remote tank in boat.
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 07-11-2018 at 07:08 AM.

4. Member
    Does your oil level gauge say 11%.

If so it is a stuck low oil switch, sometimes the grommet can swell interfering with the switch. I believe they changed the grommet to fix this.

5. Member
    I had the same problem alarm and low oil light came on. Had oil in tank my dealer was thinking the sensor in oil tank went out. But mine wouldn’t start back up. Took it to them, turns out mine was out of gas. 2017 250 G2

6. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zuma72 View Post
    ...turns out mine was out of gas. 2017 250 G2
    OK, Karl Childers (Sling Blade)...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Sorry for delay in replying to y own thread...was up at the Hunting Lease taking care of business for a few days.

If I'm using the remote tank isn't the 2 gallon on board tank bypassed or will I have 4 gallons of oil on this thing? If both are supposed to work together?

Remote replenishes the on-motor tank.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Okay, so it would seem that my internal/on-engine reservoir is not getting replenished by the remote tank. It would seem the logical fix is simply fill the on-engine reservoir, but tht doesn't explain why the remote tank replenishment isn't functioning correctly. Any thoughts on that particular issue? Do I need to vent my remote tank to prevent a suction from building?

10. Member
    Personally i believe installing a remote oil tank with a capacity smaller then the onboard tank is pointless. Not to mention that when installing that remote oil tank it reduces the overall capacity of the onboard tank because of the venting and overfill concerns. I do not know why they offer or anyone would suggest it. A larger oil tank would make some sense but not this small one and i would remove it if it were mine.

This is a link to the installation instructions that may help to better understand the system. Although this system is fairly simple and if the pump is not turning on you probably have a bad pump

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7zf2i2hm4..._RevC.pdf?dl=0