Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lithium batteries???????

Ok guys. I have spent countless hours reading through everything in the boards that comes up under a "Lithium" search. So this is for those that have lithium batteries. Do you feel like it was a good decision, and are you happy with the change??? That is all. I've seen the charts,and read about the issues .
    1993 Champion 204DCX
    2007 ETEC 250

2. Member
    Best investment I've made. Been using the Relion 100 ah for starting & (3) 50 ah for trolling motor for going on 4 years now without a hiccup.
    I've used two different chargers on them. Started with the Powermania and now using the Promariner Tournament Elite 36 Quad and very happy.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

3. Banned
    if and when mine die, ill buy again....unless something better is out

4. Member
    See that is what's needed, thank you gentlemen.
    1993 Champion 204DCX
    2007 ETEC 250

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I've got no regrets.

6. Member
    i put a 50ah in my kayak to save weight. went from 32ah agm and saved 11 lbs with same size battery and only have to charge once a month or so it seems, depending on use.
    i run bunch of electronics on it. probably upgrade the glorified row boat next spring

7. Banned
    call this guy and tell him i sent you

8. Member
    Hopefully mine will last the 8-10 years I've been told they will and if that turns out to be the case I would do it again. I got 2 100A Battleborns. Been running them since last June. I use spotlock a lot and never have to worry. I also ended up buying my dad a 50A one for his jon boat just because of the lighter weight and he loves it.

9. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I will never go back to lead batteries!!! The TM runs stronger from the beginning than that of a lead battery
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Quote Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post
    Best investment I've made. Been using the Relion 100 ah for starting & (3) 50 ah for trolling motor for going on 4 years now without a hiccup.
    I've used two different chargers on them. Started with the Powermania and now using the Promariner Tournament Elite 36 Quad and very happy.
    Seeing your post regarding the Promariner Elite 36 Quad; I went to their site to read their literature since I'm in the same ballgame. Here's what they state:

"Selectable Performance Matched Charge Profiles
    Profiles include: Standard Flooded/AGM batteries, HP AGM1 for pure lead AGM batteries like OPTIMA
    Blue Top Marine Batteries, HP AGM 2 for pure lead AGM Batteries like Odyssey Marine Batteries."

I don't see Lithium or LiPO4 batteries listed.

I just ordered a 4 bank charger, NoCo Gen 4 which does list Lithium batteries on it. I had to order 2 extra Eyelet terminals. Total was $253. after 15% discount. I had an older Gen 4 (2011) in my Phoenix when I purchased it. Never had a problem with it. The older model Gen 4 does not charge Lithium Batteries.

12. Member
    I really like the Relions i bought 2 yrs. ago 100 ah for the starting battery and 2 50 ah for the 24 volt motorguide....got a free dual pro 3 bank charger with the purchase and lost 90 pounds from the rear of the Bullet 21XDC

13. Joe4d
    anything need to be done to the engine or does the cranking battery hook up and get charged by alternator ? Like could I buy jst the cranking battery off the alternator, and lead for the trolling motor with a standard charger and swap those out down the line ?

14. Member
    Joe Look at Troyboys post above and give Mike Bergstrom a call. He can answer any question You have about ReLion Lithium batteries

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    anything need to be done to the engine or does the cranking battery hook up and get charged by alternator ? Like could I buy jst the cranking battery off the alternator, and lead for the trolling motor with a standard charger and swap those out down the line ?
    If you are running normal bass boat stuff... Electronics, accessories, power poles etc. you should still charge them up every night the way you would with an AGM. But yes, you can just swap the cranking battery first and them do the trolling motor batteries at a later date. Nothing needs to be done to anything, as has been stated elsewhere, if you want the best charge, a lithium programmed charger is best but not 100% required.

Quote Originally Posted by nikldac View Post
    I just ordered a 4 bank charger, NoCo Gen 4 which does list Lithium batteries on it. I had to order 2 extra Eyelet terminals. Total was $253. after 15% discount. I had an older Gen 4 (2011) in my Phoenix when I purchased it. Never had a problem with it. The older model Gen 4 does not charge Lithium Batteries.
    Looks like I screwed up ordering the NoCo Gen 4 charger. It will only charge Lithium batteries that are 12v 40Ah. Mine are 12v 100Ah. Still checking the internet for a 4 bank charger that will do the job. May have to order 3 more 12v single bank chargers to do it right. There's $253 down the drain.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikldac View Post
    Seeing your post regarding the Promariner Elite 36 Quad; I went to their site to read their literature since I'm in the same ballgame. Here's what they state:

"Selectable Performance Matched Charge Profiles
    Profiles include: Standard Flooded/AGM batteries, HP AGM1 for pure lead AGM batteries like OPTIMA
    Blue Top Marine Batteries, HP AGM 2 for pure lead AGM Batteries like Odyssey Marine Batteries."

I don't see Lithium or LiPO4 batteries listed.
    You use a a/c normal charger with a profile for AGM the Optima charge profile is a perfect for the batteries. Relion recommends the Pro Mariner, Powermania,Minnkota Precision chargers, Dual Pro but you need to send it in and have it Reprogrammed for Lithium. All other you can use right out of the box.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

18. Member
    I purchased my Dual Pro from here https://www.batterymart.com/p-ps4-li...m-charger.html already setup for my Battleborn lithiums. 1 12v 100ah for main, and 2 50ah for trolling.
    Works great, couldn't be happier.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

19. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Guys...

Just in case anyone may be interested, we are now offering Relion batteries at great prices. Drop me a PM if I can help!

Thanks,

Roy
    Wacky Riggers
    Salisbury, NC
    704-762-9066

Talked to Dual Pro regarding correct charger for LiPO4 12v100Ah battery. Ordered it. Also, NoCo agreed on the return of their G4 Genius charger. It only went to 12v 40Ah and would not bring my batteries to full charge. Recommend "both" companies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast