Thread: New Mercurys ?+

eddrunner@bellsouth.net

New Mercurys ?+

I reallly hope the news Mercs are as good as advertised . I love Mercs. I have had a lot new boats and motors in my 50 yrs plus of boating. I had the first V6 (early 70 s) Johnson on a bass boat on Clark Hill lake. Never nothing but trouble . Rarely got out sight of landing my wife went with me . Motor died about 200 yds from landing. My said sink it or trade it ( who am I to argue with her) Traded it no better. What I am getting at is . I always wanted the best ?? and newest thing out. Have yet not to have problems. Usually first 2 or 3 years. Hope the same is not true with the new v8s . Good luck.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDRUNNER View Post
    I reallly hope the news Mercs are as good as advertised . I love Mercs. I have had a lot new boats and motors in my 50 yrs plus of boating. I had the first V6 (early 70 s) Johnson on a bass boat on Clark Hill lake. Never nothing but trouble . Rarely got out sight of landing my wife went with me . Motor died about 200 yds from landing. My said sink it or trade it ( who am I to argue with her) Traded it no better. What I am getting at is . I always wanted the best ?? and newest thing out. Have yet not to have problems. Usually first 2 or 3 years. Hope the same is not true with the new v8s . Good luck.

What did I just read ???
    I'd agree with you , but then we would both be wrong

3. Member
    Thinking he is just making a request for more info on the new 4 stroke LOL

4. eddrunner@bellsouth.net
    If you ever owned a new boat. With a new unproven motor .You would know what I am talking about.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna19 View Post
    What did I just read ???
    Between this post and his holeshot post i say he got into the bottle a little early today.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Lol

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

Quote Originally Posted by EDDRUNNER View Post

A little incoherant for 10am.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Come on now, let's be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Come on now, let's be nice.