Thread: bassmasters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Skiatook has the same problem with hybrids. Used to be a lot better largemouth fishery than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Hybrids have been in Grand for a long time. The sticking is nothing new. More than enough shad in the lake (I would sure think) for all species.

ODWC takes/is taking/has taken gizzard shad out of grand and out them in Eucha and Spavinaw. We gonna complain that next?

If some/most of you knew what ODWC would like to do statewide.....to help the bass population...you would lose your minds....

Don’t keep secrets. Let us know what “they” are up to...

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Skiatook has the same problem with hybrids. Used to be a lot better largemouth fishery than it is now.
    Skiatook is a prime example of how ODWC can kill a lake. They put too many hybrid in it and it took 15+ years to recover. They did the same thing to Copan but due to it silting in that lake will never recover. Birch lake was also ruined by ODWC with hybrids I haven't been on it in a couple years but from talking to guys that fish it the lake has made the turn and slowly getting better.

ODWC needs to leave lakes alone.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 07-22-2018 at 12:06 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Skiatook is a prime example of how ODWC can kill a lake. They put too many hybrid in it and it took 15+ years to recover. They did the same thing to Copan but due to it silting in that lake will never recover. Birch lake was also ruined by ODWC with hybrids I haven't been on it in a couple years but from talking to guys that fish it the lake has made the turn and slowly getting better.

ODWC needs to leave lakes alone.
    U do realize that the decline of both skiatook and birch were as a result of the lmbv?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlabs View Post
    Don’t keep secrets. Let us know what “they” are up to...
    Keep an ear out for the next seminar...hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Trust me...there is no way the short sighted masses will go for what they are proposing...

6. Banned
    U do realize that the decline of both skiatook and birch were as a result of the lmbv?
    If you want to believe that was the only issue and the introduction of the hybrids had nothing to do with it go right ahead. I agree lmbv had a effect and combined might have been the knock out but, putting hybrids in the lake helped absolutely nothing.

7. Member
    If it was just from the LMBV then why hasn't it recovered like the rest of the lakes?

8. Member
    Keep an ear out for the next seminar...hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Trust me...there is no way the short sighted masses will go for what they are proposing...
    1 million freshwater stingray fry?

9. Member
    If it was just from the LMBV then why hasn't it recovered like the rest of the lakes?
    Why isn't the LM population as strong in TK pre lmbv? Why are Copan and Hulah super tough and have never recovered post lmbv?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    If you want to believe that was the only issue and the introduction of the hybrids had nothing to do with it go right ahead. I agree lmbv had a effect and combined might have been the knock out but, putting hybrids in the lake helped absolutely nothing.
    Sure hybrids didn't help...but there is zero proof they are the reason. All conjecture..zero proof.

11. Banned
    True can't prove hybrids hurt the lakes just know they fished a lot better before the hybrids.

As far as Copan and Hula suffer as bass lakes. They have both have silt issues that have hurt the bass population. Copan stays dingy to muddy all year I can't remember the last time I saw clear water. The northern end is so shallow the wind keeps the lake dirty all the time. Hula the silt has cut the lake off from the river. Hula lake itself is almost completely void of structure. Being Corps flood control lakes the Corps could care less about the fish population.

12. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

13. Member
    what is "LMBV"? sorry...

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftyokie View Post
    what is "LMBV"? sorry...
    Large Mouth Bass Virus. It decimated the lakes in the state. I don't remember exactly when it happened but I think it was early 2000's. It killed an incredible amount of fish and if i remember correctly it affected fish over 3 pounds the most.

15. Member
    Large Mouth Bass Virus. It decimated the lakes in the state. I don't remember exactly when it happened but I think it was early 2000's. It killed an incredible amount of fish and if i remember correctly it affected fish over 3 pounds the most.
    that was my guess but I hadn't heard of that before
    85 375V 175 BLACKMAX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123