Thread: bassmasters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    The martins landing area was going to be dredged and a island made with tournament facilities on the island .it wasn't that nichols wanted to much it was going to be a shared expense with GRDA and nichols .
    but GRDA decided they could get more money from the city of grove.
    Where do you get your info? The Enquirer or People ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEANHAWG8806 View Post
    Id be happy if they just put a darn dock by the twin spillways ramp. Its a booger to launch there by yourself in north wind. Tore up the bottom of my boat one time loading up.
    I hear you. I wonder what it takes to get one installed? Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

3. Member
    Yeah... interesting

4. Member
    There was a architectural drawing at nichols in Tulsa where they were working on a design. For it

5. Member
    Fished GrAnd today. Firstthing they need to do is ban all boats over 22 feet on saturdays and Sundays. Bout lost teeth running after noon!

6. Member
    They would ban bass boats before they do that.

Off Facebook.. Grand Lake Anglers Association Page

A million more hybrids dumped into grand, just what the lake needed.

8. Member
    Yeah because 100 million wasn’t enough lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post

TrackerUser

10. Banned
    Damn that sucks

11. Member

I don't see the negative...Im fairly confident that the ODWC biologists know what they are doing.

12. Member

Hopefully they will eat all the dink bass i always seem to catch

13. Member
    BTW...they routinely stock hybrids in Grand. It is nothing new....The Grand bass population is fine and has always been fine (cept the LMBV era...)
    2012 Basscat Cougar
    2012 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Post above is from Andrew Littlejohn not me...

this is another post off that site...

KimBrent Davis

Yesterday at 12:26 PM

First this page is not for personal fights!!!! It’s about trying to do something right on our lakes. ODWC slapped us in the face. Because they can do what they want and no one is going to disagree with them or else. One million hybrids they have never stocked that many at one time!!! Its a sad thing that ODWC and GRDA have to act like bully’s at grade school!!! It’s time for GRDA and ODWC to answer for this. The politicians need to ask some questions like why did you stock hybrids in Grand!!! Where did the money from the Spoonbill go??? Why is GRDA and ODWC spending money intended for the lake spent on Duck ponds??? The city of Grove should be very up set. Hybrids will ruin the economic impact that tournaments have around the lake. Even if you don’t fish tournaments the money should be spent on boat ramps and improvements around the lake!!! Please call your Representatives and Senators they can put pressure on them. Your thoughts please!!!

15. Member
    Post above is from Andrew Littlejohn not me...

this is another post off that site...

KimBrent Davis

Yesterday at 12:26 PM

First this page is not for personal fights!!!! It’s about trying to do something right on our lakes. ODWC slapped us in the face. Because they can do what they want and no one is going to disagree with them or else. One million hybrids they have never stocked that many at one time!!! Its a sad thing that ODWC and GRDA have to act like bully’s at grade school!!! It’s time for GRDA and ODWC to answer for this. The politicians need to ask some questions like why did you stock hybrids in Grand!!! Where did the money from the Spoonbill go??? Why is GRDA and ODWC spending money intended for the lake spent on Duck ponds??? The city of Grove should be very up set. Hybrids will ruin the economic impact that tournaments have around the lake. Even if you don’t fish tournaments the money should be spent on boat ramps and improvements around the lake!!! Please call your Representatives and Senators they can put pressure on them. Your thoughts please!!!

And??

16. Member
    Looks like 1 million Fry at Grand. Kaw Lake got 3 million Fry.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/s...kingreport.pdf

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

17. Member
    What are we really mad about? That we can’t catch bass like we use to? So we blame it on everything else but ourselves?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xdc95bullet View Post
    What are we really mad about? That we can’t catch bass like we use to? So we blame it on everything else but ourselves?
    I agree with you to a point. My experience has been that when you have an abundance of hybrids, the large mouth and other species suffer significantly. I frequent Ft. Cobb in the west. Prior to introduction of hybrids we could consistently catch good large mouth and walleye. Afterwards there was point when we could not find LM to save our lives, but we could load the boat hybrids. I cant remember the last time I caught a walleye. We could consistently catch 6-7lb hybrids and man was it fun. They made a great dinner as well. The hybrids grow quickly. I feel that because they grow so quickly they ravage the food supply and other species suffer. As word got out about the big hybrids, more people showed up. In the last 3-4 years, I think the hybrid population has been knocked back to a reasonable number. We are now consistently catching lm again. You still catch the hybrids when you go targeting them specifically. You can catch 1-3 lbers but I havent seen the 6's in a while. The hybrids are great for the rec fisherman that just want to catch some fish for dinner or just catch fish. When you like the sport fish, it becomes frustrating when they seem to become non existent. I think Grand is a big enough body of water that it will be fine, but only time will tell.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    I agree with you to a point. My experience has been that when you have an abundance of hybrids, the large mouth and other species suffer significantly. I frequent Ft. Cobb in the west. Prior to introduction of hybrids we could consistently catch good large mouth and walleye. Afterwards there was point when we could not find LM to save our lives, but we could load the boat hybrids. I cant remember the last time I caught a walleye. We could consistently catch 6-7lb hybrids and man was it fun. They made a great dinner as well. The hybrids grow quickly. I feel that because they grow so quickly they ravage the food supply and other species suffer. As word got out about the big hybrids, more people showed up. In the last 3-4 years, I think the hybrid population has been knocked back to a reasonable number. We are now consistently catching lm again. You still catch the hybrids when you go targeting them specifically. You can catch 1-3 lbers but I havent seen the 6's in a while. The hybrids are great for the rec fisherman that just want to catch some fish for dinner or just catch fish. When you like the sport fish, it becomes frustrating when they seem to become non existent. I think Grand is a big enough body of water that it will be fine, but only time will tell.
    Hybrids have been in Grand for a long time. The sticking is nothing new. More than enough shad in the lake (I would sure think) for all species.

ODWC takes/is taking/has taken gizzard shad out of grand and out them in Eucha and Spavinaw. We gonna complain that next?

If some/most of you knew what ODWC would like to do statewide.....to help the bass population...you would lose your minds....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Hybrids have been in Grand for a long time. The sticking is nothing new. More than enough shad in the lake (I would sure think) for all species.

ODWC takes/is taking/has taken gizzard shad out of grand and out them in Eucha and Spavinaw. We gonna complain that next?

If some/most of you knew what ODWC would like to do statewide.....to help the bass population...you would lose your minds....
    Enlighten us then about what they “want” to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast