Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation SOLIX Global settings / Custom View issue revisited

I posted on this last summer and couldn’t determine if it was a problem with my network setup or a low voltage issue or some unforeseen issue but since then I have upgraded my power wire again and sent the 12” in for repair due to a power issue (they replaced the circuit board) and last but not least I upgraded my other unit to a Solix so now I have something to compare too

This is what I have found

I can set all the Globals to the OFF position on all the windows in all the standard views and they will remain in the off position
    But any custom view I create that has a window with a chart this window will not retain the global settings (Off Position)
    As soon as you restart the unit these 3 Global settings default to the ON position

Example I create a view with SI, 2D and Chart, the windows with SI and 2D will remember their global settings but the window with the chart will not and always defaults to the ON position when the units starts up

No matter what custom layout you pick if one of the windows you setup is the CHART this window/chart will not remember your Global Settings and always defaults to the ON posistion
    Yet all of the Sonar options (2D, SI, DI) windows will remember the global settings

I have tried different layouts and location of the chart window
    I have tried setting up the custom view before and after syncing the network
    Doesn’t matter if I set up the view on either unit first
    I have tried setting up the same view on both units with the same name and different names
    I have tried setting it up on both units as a stand along unit with no network
    I have tried this with the Navionics chip I use as well as the Humminbird base map and a Humminbird Chart Select card

All the standard chart windows remember the settings no matter what map is used but the custom view with the chart window does not

Either there is some obscure setting I’m overlooking or there is a software glitch with the custom view w/chart

If someone could test my results I would appreciate it
    Last edited by MichAngler; 07-10-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

I'll do that in a couple of minutes, got my SOLIX beside my desk.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Yep, mine does the same. I created the 3-way with SI at the top and Chart/Sonar at the bottom.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thank you

I appreciate the confirmation

I'll be contacting HB with this information shortly

Lets hope its something they can easily fix in the next update
    "The handicapped angler"

Follow up

Just got off the phone with HB

Nice lady took all the information understood the issue and had me on hold for a few minutes while she discussed it with a tech

She than told me that this is a new issue they were not aware of and that they will be investigating it to try and recreate it and if they can they will add it to the list of things to fix

She took my information and said she would be getting back to me when they have some more information

Got to love HB's CS
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Yep, mine do that as well......................but it does not present a problem for my units working correctly so I never brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Yep, mine do that as well......................but it does not present a problem for my units working correctly so I never brought it up.
    Once and a while I have a strange occurrence with the chart and this is the main view I used so before I go making assumptions I need to eliminate any possible culprits
    "The handicapped angler"

Would appreciate if you guys would send HB an email letting them know you see the same issue

Might help speed up the process and at the least show them that this is not an isolated issue
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    When viewing chart soemtimes the scroll wheel will not zoom in or zoom out so i have to use the the touch screen to zoom out in and In.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    When viewing chart soemtimes the scroll wheel will not zoom in or zoom out so i have to use the the touch screen to zoom out in and In.

I have noticed also when using navionics that when you push the + button to zoom you have to keep pushing it repeatedly in order to zoom. With lakemaster you can press the + button and it will continue to zoom in continuously

I use the + and – buttons to zoom

I use Navionics as well but don’t have any issue with the buttons not registering

I think of the knob as more of a quick/large change in scale where the buttons are incremental steps with each push of the button

Also with the large change in scale the knob provides causes the chart to reload/redraw and this take time as well

So I just use the buttons

But godsdozer is correct I tried the knob and sometimes one or two clicks are not registered so I turn it 3, 4 or 5 clicks causing a large change in scale

Have you noticed with Navionics you zoom all the way in and the scale says 100ft yet you can zoom out one step and it still says 100ft but the chart does change scale?

The chart zooms to 50 feet but says 100

Only time you will see it say 50 feet is if you leave it at the fully zoomed in scale and reboot – it will then say 50ft until you change the scale and goes back to the 100ft issue
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I posted on this last summer and couldn’t determine if it was a problem with my network setup or a low voltage issue or some unforeseen issue but since then I have upgraded my power wire again and sent the 12” in for repair due to a power issue (they replaced the circuit board) and last but not least I upgraded my other unit to a Solix so now I have something to compare too

This is what I have found

I can set all the Globals to the OFF position on all the windows in all the standard views and they will remain in the off position
    But any custom view I create that has a window with a chart this window will not retain the global settings (Off Position)
    As soon as you restart the unit these 3 Global settings default to the ON position

Example I create a view with SI, 2D and Chart, the windows with SI and 2D will remember their global settings but the window with the chart will not and always defaults to the ON position when the units starts up

No matter what custom layout you pick if one of the windows you setup is the CHART this window/chart will not remember your Global Settings and always defaults to the ON posistion
    Yet all of the Sonar options (2D, SI, DI) windows will remember the global settings

I have tried different layouts and location of the chart window
    I have tried setting up the custom view before and after syncing the network
    Doesn’t matter if I set up the view on either unit first
    I have tried setting up the same view on both units with the same name and different names
    I have tried setting it up on both units as a stand along unit with no network
    I have tried this with the Navionics chip I use as well as the Humminbird base map and a Humminbird Chart Select card

All the standard chart windows remember the settings no matter what map is used but the custom view with the chart window does not

Either there is some obscure setting I’m overlooking or there is a software glitch with the custom view w/chart

If someone could test my results I would appreciate it
    I have set global settings to Off on everything. But out of curiosity, how have you customized your chart views? I think the only change I have ever made is between Lake Master & Navionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nwifishnut View Post
    I have set global settings to Off on everything. But out of curiosity, how have you customized your chart views? I think the only change I have ever made is between Lake Master & Navionics.
    I don’t customize the chart I create a customized view with a chart

Go to views and select new view and select what you want to see on a view
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I use the + and – buttons to zoom

I use Navionics as well but don’t have any issue with the buttons not registering

I think of the knob as more of a quick/large change in scale where the buttons are incremental steps with each push of the button

Also with the large change in scale the knob provides causes the chart to reload/redraw and this take time as well

So I just use the buttons

But godsdozer is correct I tried the knob and sometimes one or two clicks are not registered so I turn it 3, 4 or 5 clicks causing a large change in scale

Have you noticed with Navionics you zoom all the way in and the scale says 100ft yet you can zoom out one step and it still says 100ft but the chart does change scale?

The chart zooms to 50 feet but says 100

Only time you will see it say 50 feet is if you leave it at the fully zoomed in scale and reboot – it will then say 50ft until you change the scale and goes back to the 100ft issue
    Yes, I notice the scale in the lower corner will get smaller or larger but the distance readout doesn't change. I checked it toon about 4 clicks of the knob for the number to change from 100 to 200. I remeber this being an issue with the onix as well.

With the navionics card in, push the + or - in it will only change scale once. With the lakemaster card in you can push the + or - button in and hold it and the map will continuously zoom in or out

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Yes, I notice the scale in the lower corner will get smaller or larger but the distance readout doesn't change. I checked it toon about 4 clicks of the knob for the number to change from 100 to 200. I remeber this being an issue with the onix as well.

With the navionics card in, push the + or - in it will only change scale once. With the lakemaster card in you can push the + or - button in and hold it and the map will continuously zoom in or out
    LOL ok I never tried holding the button down I just machine gun the bloody thing
    "The handicapped angler"

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I think they still have some outstanding issues when you create a totally new view. I have an issue where you can't turn off AutoChart Live when you are in a custom view. Even when you "uncheck" the Autochart Live and Bottom Hardness boxes, both still show up on new views I create. This was something I had reported on the previous version and they confirmed that it was an issue. According to the write-up on the latest release, it was fixed. In my case, I still have the issue on new views. If I alter one of the views supplied with the unit, all works as it should.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

17. Member
    Hey guys, Here it is mid-2020 and Im still fighting random lockups. I havent tried doing the global settings scrub yet, but thats mainly due to not knowing where the global settings are for each view. I can find the general global settings and chart global settings in the main settings view, but Im not seeing the global settings option when Im looking at a specific view (e.g. chart/2D sonar). Would it be possible to screen grab where yall are going within the view to find this setting? Or at least give me a one or two liner on where it is? Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmdubya View Post
    Hey guys, Here it is mid-2020 and Im still fighting random lockups. I havent tried doing the global settings scrub yet, but thats mainly due to not knowing where the global settings are for each view. I can find the general global settings and chart global settings in the main settings view, but Im not seeing the global settings option when Im looking at a specific view (e.g. chart/2D sonar). Would it be possible to screen grab where yall are going within the view to find this setting? Or at least give me a one or two liner on where it is? Much appreciated.
    Read post #37

this will walk you through turning off the globals
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by Bmdubya View Post
    Every view you have displayed has Global settings. If you have a triple view, each one of those has to be adjusted
    The Chart views have three and all the others have two.

I just push the button above the power button to get the active view menu and then select Chart Options.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

That means if you have 5 triple multiple views, you have to turn Globals off 15 times with no Chart included and add an extra step for each Chart view displayed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast