Falcon Lowrider 6'10" H/M

Has anybody used this rod with 90 to 130 sized Whopper Ploppers? I mainly fish in tight quarters to brush on rivers so I am wanting to find a shorter rod with enough backbone to handle whopper ploppers and maintain casting accuracy, but still have enough flex to keep the fish pinned better after hooking up. I've been throwing my 130 ploppers on a 7' heavy/fast rod and am having problems with fish throwing the hooks.

Falcon also has a 6'8" MH/M version. I'm sure it would work well for the 90 size, but not enough for the 130. I'm cheap so I was hoping to find one rod to handle both.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

2. Member
    I think that rod would work great. You may already be, but i would make sure to use braid. I throw mine on a light 7' MH with either 50, or 65 lb braid.

I'm starting to wonder if Tacklewarehouse has this rod listed wrong. On their site it shows it shows two 6'10" heavy rods with moderate actions, but I can't find a heavy moderate on Falcons site, only heavy fast in the 6'10" lengths.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Tacklewarehouse has this rod listed wrong. On their site it shows it shows two 6'10" heavy rods with moderate actions, but I can't find a heavy moderate on Falcons site, only heavy fast in the 6'10" lengths.
    I believe you are correct. That 6'10 comes in a 5,6, and 7 power. I think the 6 power is going to be the rod you would want to cover the 90 and 130 size. Probably get away with the 5 power, but 7 would be to much in my opinion. Everybody has different schools of thought. I believe the whopper plopper king (James Watson) throws his on an XH rod and 65lb braid. Don't know how he doesn't rip the bait from them when he gets bit, but to each their own.