2018 Mercury 115 ProXs CT?

forgive me, I am new and trying to understand something before I make a boat purchase.
    So the new Mercury 115 pro XS 4s comes with command thrust, which is supposed to have the bigger transmission and gearing from the 150 proXS.
    I heard this allows it to run with a bigger prop. not sure if this means 4 blade, more pitch or all.
    my question is what does the bigger prop do? better hole shot, more top end, less top end? or nothing or all?

I am considering buying the new Vexus in either the 1880 model which has the ProXS 115 4s or the 1980 which has the 150 4s.
    The 115 would probably be enough, IF I can get it to be just a bit fast or even stay close to 50 mph with added weight
    thanks in advance for any help

2. Member
    better gearing and more prop choices better all around
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

The “regular” LU on the 115s has a smaller diameter prop hub and could only run the small hub Laser II and Trophy Plus props. The command Thrust LU, you can run full sized props like the Tempest, and Fury series. The CT has different internal gearing too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Try the dedicated 4-stroke forum - Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    The “regular” LU on the 115s has a smaller diameter prop hub and could only run the small hub Laser II and Trophy Plus props. The command Thrust LU, you can run full sized props like the Tempest, and Fury series. The CT has different internal gearing too.
    Thanks, will these bigger props give more top speed or better torque pull?

6. Member
    both
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................