X19 Pro Dry Storage

Looking at the X19's on the Xpress website, it looks like there is a raised lip around the front compartments to make it true dry storage. Am I seeing that right? If so what year did they start that? The dry storage is my last hang up of moving to aluminum, if xpress has true dry storage I'm sold!

2. Member
    Mine has it on my 2017. But my back compartments still get wet. It’s due to the boxes not being 100 percent sealed on the bottom. Water from the back of the boat, or any water that makes its way down from the deck seeps in since the rear compartments are not 100 percent welded box. It’s the only complaint I have about my express. Prolly this winter il tear into it and use angle, silicone, and whatever else is necessary to address the issue.
    Last edited by Bowhuntercoop; 07-10-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    2017 x19 175 sho

3. Member
    It looks like other aluminum boat makers are adding that lip or piece of angle at the top of the lockers. I seen it on some Trackers also.

4. Member
    Some others on here have mentioned that there decks are not 100% sealed either which would let water drip in to all of the storage compartments

5. Member
    The models that they carpet from the factory must allow them to hide it . Not sure about the sea deck ones

6. Member
    My 2017 X19 with SeaDek has carpet in all the boxes that hides all of the gaps. Both my rear compartments had a 2" plus gap in a corner that let water flow into them every time it rained or you spray the boat out. Its ridiculous that Xpress lets something like that go out the door. Also, all my compartments have the raised lips
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

7. Member
    Maybe I just got lucky, but my 2018 X19 stays dry inside. I have Seadek on top of the spray liner with carpet in all the compartments.
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

8. Member
    Well, I wasn't so lucky. Both sides looked like this. I'm not sure how it was supposed to stay dry with these big gaps. Pretty crappy of Xpress if you ask me. They just covered them up with carpet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

Ugh, I'm going to end up with another fiberglass boat before it's over as bad as I hate to

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    Ugh, I'm going to end up with another fiberglass boat before it's over as bad as I hate to
    Couldn’t pay me to go glass after having my x19. The rear storage is fixable even though it’s a pain in the rear. It’s awesome not worrying about stress cracks, hull blisters, polishing and waxing after using, beaching the boat, hitting rocks. The advantages of tin far out weigh the advantages of glass for me.
    2017 x19 175 sho

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntercoop View Post
    Couldn’t pay me to go glass after having my x19. The rear storage is fixable even though it’s a pain in the rear. It’s awesome not worrying about stress cracks, hull blisters, polishing and waxing after using, beaching the boat, hitting rocks. The advantages of tin far out weigh the advantages of glass for me.
    #METOO
    It takes a heavy rain to get my compartments wet and I have everything I don't want to get wet in watertight containers that range from zip lock bags to a screw top plastic bin. Next years projects are to remove the carpet from the compartments and go back with marine vinyl or spray in bedliner material so it don't take so long for them to dry out.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO