Z-7 with poles problem

my setup is Z-7 with 175 Pro Xs. 8" jackplate
    installed twin blades a little while back and speed dropped from 67 to 63. Thought it was due to weight but I just realized the poles are dragging water at WOT. Anyone with a similar set up tell me which brackets you are using? I have s-2-2 and PP suggests going with s-2-6 but cant guarantee the poles will clear the boarding ladder. kids love to jump off the boat so I have to keep that functional. The top of the jackplate is level with the top of the transom and the brackets are flush to the top of the jackplate. if I raise the brackets anymore the steering ram will hit them when tilting the motor. the s-2-6 will raise the mounting location by 4" but also move them out another 2"... would really like to get my speed back up so I can start playing with props and try to hit 70!
    2014 Nitro Z-7
    175 Optimax Pro Xs
    8" Z-Loc Jackplate
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch at console (Dek-it)
    Lowrance HDS 12 at bow (Dek-it)
    Point 1
    NMEA 2K & Ethernet
    Two 8' PP Blades
    Optima Batteries

2. Member
    I don't have a good answer for your brackets, but I would say it's unrealistic to hit 70 with two power poles.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    What is your prop to pad, prop, and which JP you running. Have installed a few set of poles on Z-7's and something doesn't sound right. We've always have been able to install the 2-2's as high as they'll go.

__________________________________________________ ____
    The wife said \"Buy a new boat, you\'ll catch more fish\". Mines broken!

4. Member
    cant remember off the top of my head, but I started around 3" or 3.5" and raised 1/4" a couple of times before I started loosing water pressure. tempest + 24. Z-lock 8"
    2014 Nitro Z-7
    175 Optimax Pro Xs
    8" Z-Loc Jackplate
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch at console (Dek-it)
    Lowrance HDS 12 at bow (Dek-it)
    Point 1
    NMEA 2K & Ethernet
    Two 8' PP Blades
    Optima Batteries

5. Member
    Hmm, can ya pm or post a pic of your current setup as far as the jackplate and brackets? Something still doesn't sound right.

__________________________________________________ ____
    The wife said \"Buy a new boat, you\'ll catch more fish\". Mines broken!