Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    I am running 2 Lithium Pro 30AH 36v batteries. Going on 3 years now. I run a Northstar NSB31M AGM for cranking because the way my boat is layed out I need the 80lb cranker for ballast when solo. I charge them with a Noco 2 bank and the Lithium Pro DC Charger. I have fished 8 days straight with a Fortrex and 6 days straight with an Ultrex without plugging in. The only reason I plugged in after day 6 with the Ultrex is because the next day was day 1 of a tournament. In my testing, I am seeing a reduced run time with a single 36v battery with the Ultrex. IF you power fish and run the troller on 80%+ the single 40AH battery will last till about noon....but this is on the extreme end of things.

If you have any questions, just let me know. I am a dealer for Lithium Pro, Relion, and Battleborn.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Shocked totally Shocked, that so many are running dual Pro chargers for lithium batteries. I don't care what brand battery you are using, but for the most part your running them for the weight advantage? Yet the smallest Dual Pro charger for a 3 bank is 15Lb, going up to 30 for the Pro 4 bank, You done spent the money on the battery to save weight, yet run a heavy charger.

Best bank for the buck, sell the Dual Pro or other charger and install a Stealth 1 AC/DC for 10lbs, And it charges the battery when running. Separate or combined units you can mount anywhere in the boat. You have two different boxes, and can stack them or put them apart anywhere in the bilge. You don't have to figure out where to mount another battery.

Just Saying.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Oh and KVD uses them, SOLD!!!

No Matter the brand battery, you need to get with the best, lightest wight charger you can find. I'm open to what ya got for something better?

Why save 100Lb in battery to keep a 30Lb charger in there boat?
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 07-10-2018 at 11:21 PM.

4. Member
    I removed 4 AGM group 31's at 78 lbs each (312 lbs) and replaced with 3 Relion 80's (26 lbs each total 78 lbs) and one Relion 100 (31 lbs) total of 109 lbs. That alone was 203 lbs savings, I also got to remove 75 lbs of balast so my total weight savings was about 280 lbs. The 15 lb charger was there in either case, so it was well worth the weight savings. I did add a 15 lb 50 amp Relions for the electronics, so I'm still about 265 lbs lighter. Boat floats 2" higher and holeshot much better.

5. Member
    3-Battleborns
    2-50AH for 80lb Ultrex
    1-100AH for boat: 2 12"HDS, 1 10"Helix w/360

Dual Pro PS3 offboard with Battleborn programmed profile.
    Spend probably 98% of fishing time on the troller. Don't have any long run lakes in the NE.
    Haven't been able to kill em yet, usually tops off with 30-45 min charge time.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Shocked totally Shocked, that so many are running dual Pro chargers for lithium batteries. I don't care what brand battery you are using, but for the most part your running them for the weight advantage? Yet the smallest Dual Pro charger for a 3 bank is 15Lb, going up to 30 for the Pro 4 bank, You done spent the money on the battery to save weight, yet run a heavy charger.

Best bank for the buck, sell the Dual Pro or other charger and install a Stealth 1 AC/DC for 10lbs, And it charges the battery when running. Separate or combined units you can mount anywhere in the boat. You have two different boxes, and can stack them or put them apart anywhere in the bilge. You don't have to figure out where to mount another battery.

Just Saying.
    Weight is one of the reasons I took my charger out with the plug and pigtails, the other was room. Dual Pro makes a great charger. It's also the only "conventional" charger that can be fixed and/or reprogrammed with an optimal Lithium charging profile.

7. Banned

Just Saying.
    15 pounds is nothing when you just replaced 4 90# agm batteries.

Why save 100Lb in battery to keep a 30Lb charger in there boat?

cause you still saved 70 pounds. my setup is only 10 more pounds than yours and my dual pro only weighs 5 more pounds than your stealth charger. i can pee out 5 pounds before i get in the boat

then there's this

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    It's also the only "conventional" charger that can be fixed and/or reprogrammed with an optimal Lithium charging profile.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 07-11-2018 at 01:22 PM.

8. Member
    @Hickory Legend, if you read my post you'd have seen I removed my charger. Therefore, I have no extra weight from the Dual Pro.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    This was just a general statement about some chargers and not a one fits all!
    The Dual Pro 4 bank I pulled out of my boat weighted 30lbs.
    http://www.dualpro.com/product/professional-series/

Troy a stealth can charge either and be reporogrammed, I’m also running a 36 volt system verse your 24!

Champ yea I saw that like I stated it was just a general statement on some system, some are paying 3-5 grand to save weight yet leave in a heavy charger, and they have the right too.

10. Member
    My Sportsman series was free so I can accept the 15 pounds for the charger in the boat.

11. Member
    3 50amp LiT(2 for troller and one for cranking/eletrics/pumps) with 3bank Dual Pro charger. 60lbs total.

12. Member
    It's all good. Heck, I even put my co-angler on a diet...

Troy a stealth can charge either and be reporogrammed, I’m also running a 36 volt system verse your 24!

Champ yea I saw that like I stated it was just a general statement on some system, some are paying 3-5 grand to save weight yet leave in a heavy charger, and they have the right too.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I’ve been on a diet for the last 3 weeks!!
    light beer and Krystal burgers, because they’re small!!

Not working very well but hey, I’m on vacation!!

I’ve been on a diet for the last 3 weeks!!
    light beer and Krystal burgers, because they’re small!!

Not working very well but hey, I’m on vacation!!
    Gosh bud I ate at a Krystal’s one time on a work trip and those were the worst burgers I’ve ever ate in my life lol. Never again am I going there. Atleast go to Wendy’s!!!!!

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Gosh bud I ate at a Krystal’s one time on a work trip and those were the worst burgers I’ve ever ate in my life lol. Never again am I going there. Atleast go to Wendy’s!!!!!
    Krystal hamburgers are very popular in the south , I stay away from them but I love them when they are fresh .

16. Member
    For my Ulterra trolling motor I have two 36v 40ah Lithium Pros wired in parallel. For starting my Evinrude G2 and running three 12 inch Helix, 2 power poles and livewell, etc I have two 12v 110ah Lithium Pros wired in parallel. I took out the Dual Pro charger (30 pounds) and have 2 stealth chargers. Also the LP charger that charges off the big motor. It was about 140 pounds I removed. More than the weight savings, i am more happy with the ability to go several days without having to charge.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to monitor battery status to know how much charge I have. LP sent me a BMV-712 Smart made by Victron Energy but I am trying to figure out how to install it. It supposedly has a blue tooth monitor so I can check it on my phone.
    https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2...tional-videos/

17. Banned

if you really wanted to save every pound as you say...you should remove the charger

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    if you really wanted to save every pound as you say...you should remove the charger
    and stop drinking beer and eating Krystals...

19. Banned

20. Member
    Lithium Pro
    2 40amp 36 and a 110 cranking, stealth one AC/DC Charger.

98 lb total with the charger.

3 12”Raymarine, Dual blades, hydrowave.
    Do you run the 2 40amp-36 in parallel?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast