91 Cajun 178 Pro Sport Windshield

Do any of you fine Cajun owners know where a fellow might acquire a windshield for a 178 Pro Sport ?
    It is what it is

2. Member
    Do you still have original? Ship shape TV has a sponsor that rebuilds them.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

3. Banned
    Go HERE and see what model Cajuns they have in stock. If yours isn't there, they'll give you a quote upon request.

You can have one made to order at Custom Mold and Tint. They may have even made the original one.
    http://getaboatwindshield.com/

Can you post a picture of your console here? If it's similar to another Cajun boat owner's model, they may be able to supply you a pattern and dimensions of their windshield (to make fabrication easier).

I think I found a picture of that model - and it looks like the console and original windshield are fairly square/angular (no compound curves).

Are you handy and willing to DIY? If so, you could get a sheet of Lexan or plexiglas from a local home center and easily make your own!
    Lexan can be cold-formed with very loose radius (clamp material between pieces of wood and bend like using a brake press). Plexiglass needs to be heat formed (same as Lexan, but run a heat gun along the bend line to soften the material and bend it).

Use cardboard to mock-up the windshield; flatten it out and transfer the pattern to the plastic.
    Cut it out with a bandsaw or jigsaw.
    Sand the edges to smooth them off, polish edges with a buffer or fine steel wool.
    Form it on the bend lines.
    Position and mark mounting holes; drill them (Lexan) or burn them with a hot nail (plex).
    Mount it using rubber backing washers, stainless screws, and stainless trim washers.

Thanks for all the replies I might have to try and make one.
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by kkelley View Post
    Thanks for all the replies I might have to try and make one.
    Post up some pics if you do! Let us know how it turns out.