12” jackplate on 721

Who is running one pros and cons

2. Member
    I run a 12 inch bobs on a 721.....the only drawl back is a tad slower hole shot but I really can not tell....pros are faster top end say 2 mph ... I was on the fence when I ordered mine so I called Tim and Jeff and spoke with them about top end speed and not worried about hole shot so I went with 12 and love it....call or email them..... I also drove a 721 with 10inch plate and I can not tell the difference in hole shot....

3. Member
    Ok sounds good , yeah I called the dealer this morning and changed it to a 12” I’m getting a bobs also I think they are awesome plates, have you tried the plate that goes on bottom to help holeshot

4. Member
    It should come with the holeshot plate. My 10" did from the fa tory

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Ok sounds good , yeah I called the dealer this morning and changed it to a 12” I’m getting a bobs also I think they are awesome plates, have you tried the plate that goes on bottom to help holeshot
    A Bob's Action Jack has a hole shot plate built in. They also come in colors to match poles or boat in case didn't know.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    A Bob's Action Jack has a hole shot plate built in. They also come in colors to match poles or boat in case didn't know.
    Yeah thanks, I’m getting the black one I seen a boat with one a couple weeks ago and I thought it gave everything a real clean look, boats getting blue pp’s so don’t want the plate to be blue also

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Yeah thanks, I’m getting the black one I seen a boat with one a couple weeks ago and I thought it gave everything a real clean look, boats getting blue pp’s so don’t want the plate to be blue also

I have a black powder coated Bob on my 21 PHX - I also got Bob's high performance holeshot plate that has a lip on the trailing edge to further improve holeshot. Love the plate.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I have a black powder coated Bob on my 21 PHX - I also got Bob's high performance holeshot plate that has a lip on the trailing edge to further improve holeshot. Love the plate.
    Did not know about the high performance plate. I'll have to look at the plate on mine. Thx!

10. Member
    Are y’all getting better handling with the 12”? Less walking ?

11. Member
    Of course I’m sure a lot of things are different with the new fourstroke and that’s what I got coming on this boat

I’m running a 12 on mine with the SHO and at 75mph have not a lick of chine walk. If I remove all weight from the bow compartments it will walk slightly but even then bumping the jackplate up a hair eliminates it. Very happy with how this boat runs and handles (and love the SHO).
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100