Okoboji Rally stuff

Hey all! I was really hoping to make it out for this rally as I truly love this lake(s) but I now know that I’ll be out of the country for a bit and will miss it. However, I wanted to share a few videos with you guys from my times there and to let you guys know that you’re free to ask any questions you want about the fishing or the area. I’m no expert on the lake but I’ve put some serious time on it in the few tournaments I’ve fished there over the last year. I swear that I will hold nothing back.

Disclaimer: I have never fished there later than September so you guys will certainly experience things that I haven’t. Although I feel confident that fish can be found in a lot of the same areas. Also, some of these videos will have stuff that you probably won’t care about. Things like boat wraps and that nonsense. It hurts my feeling not at all if you skip through that to get to the fishing.

Also, this should not affect you guys by October but the lakes are currently 6 feet high and under and emergency lake-wide no wake rule. Again, that will probably be gone before the end of July but still good info to have.

Last thing, the Okoboji store has some awesome food! It’s a bit pricey but well worth it.

With that, here are the videos. Good luck out there and know that I’m extra jealous of all of you guys that are going!

Last edited by STEVE81; 07-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.

This is SWEET!! I am sure I will be hitting you up for information as we draw closer to this event! It has been nearly 30 years since I was on this lake, so am looking forward to a homecoming of sorts!!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

I might be going up there Thursday for the day so I should have some fresher info at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I might be going up there Thursday for the day so I should have some fresher info at that point.
    For the day??

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Nice videos!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    For the day??
    I actually ended up going Monday but yes, just for the day. It was worth it. Trust me. I made this video then.

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Nice videos!!
    Thanks!