LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS

Water getting in boat!

I have checked everything I know to check, everytime I go fishing my auto bilge kicks on several times a day. Can't figure opiutv where water is getting in. Anybody have this problem?
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS

Did you check the O’ring on the drain plug? That’s what it was with mine. Filled the bilge with water and crawled underneath. Didn’t take long to see it.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasta63 View Post
    I have checked everything I know to check, everytime I go fishing my auto bilge kicks on several times a day. Can't figure opiutv where water is getting in. Anybody have this problem?

I had this problem on my v20. I searched high and low to figure out where the water was coming in. Turns out mine was the through hull fitting for the drain in my livewell. It wasn't sealed right at the factory. Water was running into the engine box and the auto bilge pumps were kicking on. Something to check on yours.

4. Banned
    Livewell leaking?

5. Member
    My 2018 V21 was built and no silicone was put around drain plug.
    Johnny Legend
    2018 Legend V21
    Mercury Verado 350
    Greensburg, Indiana
    and
    Burkesville, Kentucky

6. Member
    Is it coming in when sitting in the water or when running?

7. Banned
    I noticed I would get water in mine when I would fill the livewells and take off. If you stick your head in the livewell and look up towards the deck you will see there is a gap between where the livewell ends and the deck around livewell lids above, there is that spray foam coming out of some of the gap but some not. I'm convinced thats where the leak is when you take off and the water sloshes around in the well and leaks over that gap into the bildge. I am not sure how other brands have it designed but on my skeeter the livewell was one enclosed plastic tub.

8. Member
    Also, If you have tubing your cables from the motor run through and you get a water leak on the engine side it will fill up the bottom of the cowl and drain in the boat from the tubing, especially when you start trimming up a little.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Also, If you have tubing your cables from the motor run through and you get a water leak on the engine side it will fill up the bottom of the cowl and drain in the boat from the tubing, especially when you start trimming up a little.
    I would think water pressure would be nil if this happened, if so engine alarm would have gone off.

10. Antique Tackle Guy
    I have an Alpha 199, I noticed the same when my son and law was in the back. He is a 280 pound guy. This lead me to consider water was coming in the stern between the cap and the hull. I removed the black shroud to expose the area. The Black RTV they used during assembly had seperated. I sealed it again and the issue has been resolved on my boat. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark P

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    I would think water pressure would be nil if this happened, if so engine alarm would have gone off.
    Nope. I had 20 lbs of water pressure and temp just fine and ran just fine. Took a while to figure it out. Strange.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Nope. I had 20 lbs of water pressure and temp just fine and ran just fine. Took a while to figure it out. Strange.
    Were you using the OMC guage or smartcraft, if OMC I might be worried its not reading accurate.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Were you using the OMC guage or smartcraft, if OMC I might be worried its not reading accurate.
    Not OMC. Had a leak from the gasket right below the water flush out. No symptoms, beeps codes nothing. Just water building up in the cowl and getting in the boat from the cable tubing when running. It did this for probably 6 months, never had a problem, and no problem since. Made runs over an hour one way with no issues. Like I said, very strange. Never thought to check the engine for water in the boat. Only checked it when I lifted up on the tubing to check the area it rubs the back splash and heard the water drain from it to inside the boat.