Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I was under the impression that B.A.S.S. regulates what boats may be used in the Elites.

Quote Originally Posted by bpetrie View Post
    I was under the impression that B.A.S.S. regulates what boats may be used in the Elites.
    No they do not mandate the brand. They mandate you fish out of one type of boat for an entire season that is conforming ( Ie 250 HP limit and you can't fish one event out of a jet aluminum boat and then go back to a fiberglass rig the next event)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FEARTHETURTLE210 View Post
    Are Stroker, Bullet,Allison, are these figerglass boats just built for speed. How come you dont see these boats around the country. We have no dealers in the east, how come bass pro's dont run these boats if there speed freaks?
    I bought my Stroker from a guy who fishes the circuit. He loved the Stroker and only reason selling was he could make a better paycheck if he was in a Triton, etc......

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FEARTHETURTLE210 View Post
    Are Stroker, Bullet,Allison, are these figerglass boats just built for speed. How come you dont see these boats around the country. We have no dealers in the east, how come bass pro's dont run these boats if there speed freaks?
    All three brands are great fishing boats and Andy Morgan won bass angler of the year out of a bullet

5. Member
    there is an article on bassmaster website right now about Grant Golbeck running an Allison this year in the Elites

6. donnybassfishing..com
    Is he still in a bullet this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by buoybullet View Post
    All three brands are great fishing boats and Andy Morgan won bass angler of the year out of a bullet

7. Member
    Yes he is!
    Jason

8. donnybassfishing..com
    Good deal!! I like to see the different boats getting in the mix

9. Member
    Hi John,Just got me a Stroker! Rigged a Merc 300 pro XS(torque master). I'm a guide and want a "work" boat and go fast. I know I have to sacrifice some top end speed. Got bit of a purpose getting out of the hole.Would freak most customers out! The boat came with a hydro foil that can attach to cavitation plate. Supposed to help hole shot.Will that slow the top end or is the foil out of the water when you trim up?

10. Member
    The foil will help with the porpoise. It has no effect on top end. The torque master lower on the hand will limit safe top end speed and running height.

11. Member
    Yep, the torquemaster will limit you to low 80's,due to blowout. You really need the sportsmaster lower unit. With a sportsmaster that boat is capable of 100+ mph.

12. Member
    Another think about the custom boats is that they hold up. No need to replace the boat ever couple of years. I have had almost every brand of bass boat over the past 50 years and none have held up like the Stroker. This one is 20 years old.
    rdIMG_2334.JPG

13. Member
    Good looking one Oldbob!!! its a shame its twin burned up in a fire.

14. Member
    Stroker, sounds like a double meaning there. What’s wrong with a real name?

15. Member
    That is the real name, Stroker Boats are made in Tenn.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMax View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMax View Post

In boat racing terms a motor that was pro tuned was known as Stroked to increase power and performance. So now you know where the name originated from.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post

In boat racing terms a motor that was pro tuned was known as Stroked to increase power and performance. So now you know where the name originated from.
    Not pro tuned, it meant a stroked crankshaft, increasing the stroke of the motor. Like a 400 cid motor with a 3.75 stroke increasing stroke to a 428 cid motor with a 4.00 inch stroke.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Not pro tuned, it meant a stroked crankshaft, increasing the stroke of the motor. Like a 400 cid motor with a 3.75 stroke increasing stroke to a 428 cid motor with a 4.00 inch stroke.
    Yep and i maybe wrong but i believe Chub use to race cars back in the day before he started building boats.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    Yep and i maybe wrong but i believe Chub use to race cars back in the day before he started building boats.
    He did. It used to be on the Stroker web site as the history of Stroker boats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123