Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

What is a Stroker?

Are Stroker, Bullet,Allison, are these figerglass boats just built for speed. How come you dont see these boats around the country. We have no dealers in the east, how come bass pro's dont run these boats if there speed freaks?

2. Member

Re: What is a Stroker? (RiverTidalFishing)

These companies don't pay contingency fees, and don't use profits for advertizing or special deals. And they don't supply free boats to any Pros. These boats are better built, faster, and better riding than the cookie cutters. Only a Champion has a ride as good as an Allison, Stroker, or 21' Bullet.

These are not boats for the patch cowboys, but boats for high performance individuals. Many who fish out of these boats are as good as ANY fishermen anywhere. Most who own these boats strive to excell at whatever they do.

As much as gas cost nowadays, I'm surprized some Pro's haven't converted to high performance boats. They use only about half the gas as the cookie cutters, at higher speeds, which means you can hit more spots and get in more casts in a day. If you are not maximizing your time in the strike zone, then maybe it's the cookie cutter drivers who don't strive to be the best fishermen thay can be, settling for fewer casts, shorter runs, and hitting fewer spots in a pattern.

3. Banned

Re: What is a Stroker? (John Jackson)

If what you say is true, what pro or pro's drive any of these boats? The pro's are about the money and having an edge, wouldnt these boats give any pro an edge?

Pros usually don't pay for their boats and seeing as Allison/Bullet/Stroker don't give out free boats to pros I would think that would be the reason they don't buy them and run them.

Exactly what John said.

5. Banned

Re: What is a Stroker? (Al from Canada)

Today, very few pros are ginen boats. Pro staff and pro team are given boats on consignment and run them for a year and either have to buy them or sell them. all i read about in these forums is speed on these boats. are they half the weight of a regular boat?

Hull weight less motor, troller and add on electronics of a 20" bullet is 1200. a 21'10 Bullet 1300 and a 21" Stroker is 1200.. All these boats are hand laid so weights are +/- 50 #.. I didn't put Allison weight cause I really don't know their weight...

Cookie cutter boats sell so many that they can get all materials at such bulk it is cheaper for them, yet they still sell for a good expensive price to pay for all the advertizing and contingincy money they pay the pro's for winning or placing in their boat brands.. The smaller companies can't compete with that.. Louis

7. Banned

Re: What is a Stroker? (Largemouthlou)

I understand the bigger companies, so a stoker is 1200lbs. this is where they get the speed to be 500-700lbs lighter than others. How can this boat give you a good ride in rough water? Does it?

8. Member

In 2 to 21/2 foot waves you can run high and fast, say 80, and be on top of the waves. In 4 foot waves, I don't give a da.. what kind of boat your in, IT IS ROUGH!

9. STROKEDYAMAHA

when was the last time you saw a advertisment in any publication for a Stroker?....

Word of mouth advertising is all they have ......they are all over the country but not in numbers ...... I think Stroker is happy building less htan 50 boats a year....I like having a boat that No one can hold up $100,000 today say I want a brand new one with a brand new motor today..... Its not gonna happen....If you want one you gotta wait....its built your way to your specs your colors your flakes your trailer options you pick every thing down the the piping color on the seats. They fish real well better than most of the big 3 or 4 and hall arse.....You said about the pros is all about a edge and money but you can barely tell what kinda boat it is when it wraped.....A wraped boat on a major circuit is worth .02 to Stroker....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RiverTidalFishing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> so a stoker is 1200lbs. this is where they get the speed to be 500-700lbs lighter than others. How can this boat give you a good ride in rough water? Does it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They get their speed and rough water ride from supirior hull design and construction!! Cookie cutter boats have to weigh more to give ya a good ride and some of them don't even do that..

If ya get a chance, get ya a ride in one and answer your own ? on the ride... Everyones opinion is different on what is rough and what isn't so let yours be the judge.. Louis

11. James Harner

Sanderson marrine in Va sells Allisons,and I Think Pop's Marine near Williamsburg,VA. sells Bullets. See several of each on the Tidal Potomac when I fish there.

Re: What is a Stroker? (84bassin)

Serious point here:

Even IF a pro gets a free ride with another boat, if they win/place well in ONE decent money T running a Stroker/Allison/Bullet BECAUSE they were able to run faster/farther etc, wouldn't that alone negate the free boat? Especially the many pros that don't get a free ride.

Re: What is a Stroker? (Stein)

Think we need a pro's opinion on this!! Anyone know one??? Louis

Re: What is a Stroker? (Largemouthlou)

Some think that if a boat's light that it can't ride well, definitely not true.
    A friend of mine has an Allison SuperSport with a 280 short shaft on the back; will run 104 mph. As far as I know, this hull weighs 750# (it's not a bassboat), yet it will ride as well or better than most heavy bassboats because of the hull design. It cuts through the waves where many bassboats sit up on top and ride rough. Some of the heaviest bassboats ride the hardest in rough water; weight does not mean a good ride.

15. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar

Re: What is a Stroker? (Al from Canada)

The reason why you don't see many pros running the go fast rigs is simple $$$$. While they would have an advantage in speed, it all comes down to dollars. All of the go fast builders have a niche market, and therefor do not have the resources to give the Pros the endorsement $$ they get from the bigger builders.

16. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida

To answer your question "What is a Stroker"?
    It is the best fishing, fastest, stable, riding, bass boat on the market bar none!
    No other bass boat will do what the stroker will. It excels at all these not just one or two!

Re: What is a Stroker? (spider1)

now your over here huh

18. Member

Re: What is a Stroker? (Stein)

Pro's also don't run Strokers because most of them have a lot more money than they have sense.

A few of them know what a Stroker is, but most of them drive whatever deal they can make, and they hope to win contengency money.

Don't look at the top 10 in Pro tourneys, look at the bottom half of the field. Most arent' that good at fishing.

Rough water ride is mainly keel length (not boat length), pad width, and deadrise angle of the keel. Weight is the least important factor.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by John Jackson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

These are not boats for the patch pirates </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did anyone tell Lou that?? Never mind you said Patch

I think if Pro's would run them they could...Mike Ike is sponsered by Basscat..How many times you seen him in it?? Come show time you ride what the Tour wants you in..Would be bad ass to see someone smoke the feild taking off last at Blast off

20. Member

I like my Triton, but I would trade it for a Stroker in a heartbeat. I just wish I knew someone with a '03-'06 model with a 250XS that needed to get rid of it real bad... anyone? I definitely can't afford a new one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast