Is Protec a permanent fix?

I compounded my boat with Meguiars 105 and 205 , no wet sanding about 3 years ago and it looked fantastic, followed up with Starbrite marine polish. I reapplied once within that year boat stayed excellent looking for 2 years. Last year I brought it home and left uncovered for a decent stretch to let carpet dry and lots of other excuses and well the haze came back finally so 2.5 to 3 years is pretty good.

This was the boat after I cleaned. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=753623

I had a few questions regarding the product: (tried to call today but no one answered the phone)

-With all the positive comments over the years on this forum on Protec I thought I might give it a try, would Protec be any different or about the same?
    -Do either of these methods fix the issue or does it only go away because we are adding something that hides it?
    -Will haze always come back?
    -What exactly does the NuPaint do? ....I have seen products that were more gimicky products like poliglow or aquabuff and hoping its not in the same line of thinking.

Appreciate any insight you guys have.
    Last edited by texmex03; 07-09-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481VS Commanche
    1995 Mercury Blackmax 150 2.5L XRi

Pro Tec works but as with any product it’s only as good as its application and skill level of the person performing the steps involved. Nothing is really permanent as far as oxidation goes. It’s really the way you care for your finish once you correct it. Restoring a boats finish is time consuming if done correctly but will last a long time if cared for correctly.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    to be more permanent I think you would have to wet sand and then go with the Pro-tec system and it will last for quite a few years , I did mine and it lasted 6+ years and just re-did it this s[ring again should be good for at least another 6 yrs
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

No system is permanent. Just being thourough and following up will protection will give your work a life span. But it will never stay away for good.

5. Member
    The haze is basically sun damage. If you keep it out in the sun without covering it the you damage it more. I have seen 20 year old, garage kept boats that look like new and 5 year old boats kept uncovered that look like hell. We you sand or buff you are removing a little of the gel damage and creating a smooth surface again...

Protec is the best I have used but I Have No Doubt 2 weeks in the heat and sun would require some work and I'm in New England...
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

Pro Tec Nu Paint Moisturizer is the only product that penetrates the surface therefore lasting much longer. As mentioned above we have plenty going on over 6 yrs. (that's when I bought the company) Feel free to give me a call with any questions you may have. My cell is 678 478 4704 Joe O'Connell

P.S. Thanks everyone for the positive comments!

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM