Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The difference is >$3K. Again, when looking at total cost, is a very small increase. Hell, if you go with 2 10" units you'd have spent more than the motor upgrade.

It would make sense if the price difference was $10k or so. But it is not shaving off that much $ by going with he 115.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmc949 View Post
    The difference is >$3K. Again, when looking at total cost, is a very small increase. Hell, if you go with 2 10" units you'd have spent more than the motor upgrade.

It would make sense if the price difference was $10k or so. But it is not shaving off that much $ by going with he 115.
    It is their company, I think they are fairly knowledgable as far as boats go, I do believe they have very good marketing skills as well, I bet they will do just fine no matter what some of us think they should have done.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I appreciate your concern but this is not my first boat purchase or toy purchase. The title shouldn't be taken as I was surprised it was approved. Buy quality and take care of it and your loss is really just a lower cost of entertainment. When I sold my Parker I got 12k over what I owed. Financial situations can always change and I lived many years in a negative "what if" mode and as I have gotten older, 60, I don't do that anymore. I buy it now while I'm still working full time and pay it off before I retire. Then I've I got it to really enjoy when my hard working days are over.
    That is a totally different situation than the title of the thread made me think. When you title it "Credit app approved" and used exclamation points like it might have gone the other way it made me cringe. I am a Dave Ramsey sort of guy I guess. I think toys are great if you have all the other stuff paid for and have the free arbitrary money to pay for it and I am not much on financing toys either. But it was not my business. I just thought from the title it sounded like a young guy stretching his credit line to buy a new boat and maybe financing it for 15 years. Your reality is different.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    That is a totally different situation than the title of the thread made me think. When you title it "Credit app approved" and used exclamation points like it might have gone the other way it made me cringe. I am a Dave Ramsey sort of guy I guess. I think toys are great if you have all the other stuff paid for and have the free arbitrary money to pay for it and I am not much on financing toys either. But it was not my business. I just thought from the title it sounded like a young guy stretching his credit line to buy a new boat and maybe financing it for 15 years. Your reality is different.
    Sorry for the mixed message. wasn't intended that way.

5. Banned
    I'm jealous dog!! And right behind you!

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    This is great advice but sadly I would guess 99 percent finance their boats. Tell me who can plunk down 50k or more on a new, high end Fiberglas boat? Or even 35k or so on one of these metal boats. Their is absolutely no way they have that much in manufacturing a boat with the materials. Motors are same way. But people will pay the price because banks will finance them. And finance is what the overwhelming majority do.

im financing a used boat but I do know in 5 years I will be completely debt free. Other than the usual bills of untilities I won’t owe anyone anything as far as a loan goes. Don’t plan on ever going in debt for more than 36 months ever again. Which means I will never purchase a new boat ever. Wont ever purchase a new vehicle either. Let someone else take that hit on the huge depreciation.

To each their own and I won’t ever put anyone down with what they want to finance because it’s damn near impossible to buy a new boat without a loan.

7. Member
    You only take a hit on the depreciation if you don’t keep the product. You must own it for a while so your not upside down. So need to use it and keep it for awhile. I sold my Parker after 10 years for basically the same price I paid for it. The value of money also goes down over time due to inflation, so 32k today is not the same as 32k in 10 yrs. All entertainment and fun cost money, so if you can use something for 10 years and get back close to your original money, even though it has lower value. That’s a good thing. Now if you sell something after only3 yrs, your taking a big hit because the price of new hasn’t risen enough yet to help you get some of your money back. If I would have held on to my Parker for just a couple more years I could of gotten 10-15k more because the prices of new ones skyrocketed. That pulls up the prices on the used ones.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    You only take a hit on the depreciation if you don’t keep the product. You must own it for a while so your not upside down. So need to use it and keep it for awhile. I sold my Parker after 10 years for basically the same price I paid for it. The value of money also goes down over time due to inflation, so 32k today is not the same as 32k in 10 yrs. All entertainment and fun cost money, so if you can use something for 10 years and get back close to your original money, even though it has lower value. That’s a good thing. Now if you sell something after only3 yrs, your taking a big hit because the price of new hasn’t risen enough yet to help you get some of your money back. If I would have held on to my Parker for just a couple more years I could of gotten 10-15k more because the prices of new ones skyrocketed. That pulls up the prices on the used ones.
    How is the Vexus working out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12