Crestliner Basshawk 1850

Anybody picked one of these up yet? I got a question into them asking if this one can support a kicker motor since I know Lund said no to the pro v Bass. Looks like a sweet boat.

dang crickets lol

3. Member
    I put in a call to my Lowe rep who also is the rep for Lund and Crestliner. I will get the answer for you.

excellent thank you!

I haven't heard anything back yet myself but I'm sure they are busy.

5. Member
    They are probably getting ready for their dealer meeting. Not much of a staff for Crestliner anymore. They really have to rely on Lowe and Lund for their needs other than marketing.

While waiting my rep called back and said transoms on the boats would hold anything you put on it. And theirs plenty of room. BUT its not a kicker model boat.

6. Banned
    Did you call Basas in Bolingbrook? They are the local crestliner dealer

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Did you call Basas in Bolingbrook? They are the local crestliner dealer

I have checked their site haven't made the call yet. Just curious on this one bit. I forgot they are tied in with Lund now. So they may not allow the kicker on the bass hawk either.

On the Lunds the transom between the Pro V and the Pro V bass is a different shape and hense Lund said no kicker allowed but between the Fish Hawk and the Bass Hawk is not which is what kind of raised the question for me since I see plenty of kickers on the Fish Hawks. Only difference is the deck is a little higher up the transom but I think there is still enough there to make it work.

I've been having a blast in these BFL's and would like to jump to the boater side eventually. But also have been learning about pulling planer boards and getting pretty hooked there is my reason for a setup like that with a kicker available lol

They show PowerPoles mounted direct to transom on their website - curious if a Panther Lift or similar couldn't be mounted?

Update - I contacted Crestliner and their factory rep confirmed that a kicker motor could be mounted to the transom of either the 1750 or 1850 Bass Hawk using a Panther Lift or similar bracket, without voiding the warranty (that was the important confirmation I was after).

Excellent thank you!

Just pulled up even with the Tuffy X-190 in my book lol

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Excellent thank you!

Just pulled up even with the Tuffy X-190 in my book lol
    Junkfisherman (Paul) has the Tuffy

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Junkfisherman (Paul) has the Tuffy
    Oh I know. His pictures are about the only really good ones when you google one. They got me nervous though cause they just sold and the guy is moving the factory due to the deal with Fiberdome. Didn't sound like they were operational again yet. Their website isn't even done. But by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger they will either have it going or not.

13. Member
    I bought one this Fall. I really like it. 1850 150 Merc 4 stroke Ultrexx 80lb. Great storage. Goes close to 50. Great casting decks.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodaksam View Post
    I bought one this Fall. I really like it. 1850 150 Merc 4 stroke Ultrexx 80lb. Great storage. Goes close to 50. Great casting decks.
    Got any pics?

15. Member
    I’m not real tech savvy, but i will try to figure out how to do it soon.

Easiest is to use an upload hosting site, like postimages.org.
    Drag & drop your image there;
    Highlight and copy the Direct Link address;
    Paste that address into your post here on BBC.
    Then add image tags to the beginning and end of the link, exactly like this:
    [img]whateveryourpicturelinkis[/img]

This may help with posting pics. I have tried a couple editors to correct orientation once the pic is in your camera roll but have not been successful. Best way is use the camera+ app to take the pic.

There are two problems, when posting pics taken with an iPhone, Orientation and size. The best way I found to solve the orientation problem is to take the picture with the “camera+” app. The pic will always post in the same orientation as seen through the view finder. Be sure to set the options to save the pictures to your camera roll. There is a free version but suggest you upgrade to the paid version because it has some really good editing options.
    The “PhotoShrinker” app will resize single or multiple pics at one time. You will need to get the paid version but it is only a couple bucks and gives you all the features you need.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching