Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bills Marine for Service

Need to get my Mercury looked at without possibly waiting 4-5 weeks. Called Bills and they said 1-2 weeks for completion which seems reasonable. Anyone had their motor serviced there before?

Any other recommendations?

2. Member
    I always use nichols .
    I know some people who use bills and have had no serious issues except for the waiting.

3. Banned
    Bought 2 boats from bills and after my motor issue last year I wouldn't do business with them again. If you want it fixed right take it to Perch at Chouteau performance marine.

4. Member
    Bob Harter service and repair. Tulsa, works by appointment only and been doing it for about a century. Great dude!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white mudbug View Post
    Bob Harter service and repair. Tulsa, works by appointment only and been doing it for about a century. Great dude!
    i understand mr harter is trying to retire.
    if it's any kind of warranty work you will have to go to a dealer

6. Member
    year and horsepower?

7. Member
    2005 250 optimax pro xs

Can't tell from your post or profile where you are from, but I would recommend Arbuckle Sports Center in Davis. They work on mine and I have always been pleased with the work and their bill. They have been in business a long time and have a good reputation in this area.
    sooner fish
    1977 Ranger 175-A ~ Mercury 1500

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894

9. Member
    southwinds marine,grand lake....super nice people,i wouldnt let nichols work on my bicycle ....
    TrackerUser

10. Member
    Sorry I forgot to mention I'm in the Tulsa area. I ended up taking it to sundown Marine in Glenpool. I heard decent reviews from them and they were only two weeks out so we shall see.

my boat sit at Sundown from April 20 till May 30 (They to claimed about 2 weeks to get it done when I drop it off) and I picked it cause they claimed they was to busy to get to it, then tried to charged me for the work they never did... I talk to Bob and he sent me to Tulsa Boat Sales and the work was done in less than 10 days..

12. Member
    I’ve used Dave’s marine for years on my outboard and runabout usually in and out in less than a week and I’ve always thought he was pretty fair on pricw

13. Member
    I hope i dont have the same experience. I have heard of bad experiences just about everywhere though so i just took their word for it and picked a place that had decent reviews. I will keep everyone updated.

I've always used Performance Marine at Oologah Lake. Gary has always treated me fair with price and turn time. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I've always used Performance Marine at Oologah Lake. Gary has always treated me fair with price and turn time. Larry
    Yep that was going to my suggestion as well.

16. Member
    Went to Sundown, they stated a couple of weeks for repair but got my boat back in 1 week. Had to replace my lower unit which wasnt fun costwise. But they fixed that and a rough idle issue as well. Overall I was pleased with my experience and will probably go back to them with any engine problems that I hopefully dont have in the future.

17. Banned
    Good to hear you were taken care of.

18. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Bought 2 boats from bills and after my motor issue last year I wouldn't do business with them again. If you want it fixed right take it to Perch at Chouteau performance marine.
    I grew up in Chouteau. Perch has worked on my boat in the past as well as my dads. He will get it right but it may take 6 months. LOL

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    I grew up in Chouteau. Perch has worked on my boat in the past as well as my dads. He will get it right but it may take 6 months. LOL
    Had mine for 3 months. Told me 2weeks out. had to take it back 3 times . Still doesn't run right but he definitely charged me.. never go back again
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

20. Banned
    Never had a problem with Perch pretty sure something is getting lost in communication I have never heard of him not taking care of a customer 100%. Bill's on the other hand I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast