puma and Cougars

I get asked often how I like my Puma. I like it so much I'm worried with the new design bass cat will fade it away? Is there any talks about removing the model?

2. Member
    New design bass cat?? you mean the Lynx, Caracal, etc.? I think they'll keep it around as those were flagship models and still are. I personally don't care for the wide body bass cats, but would buy a cougar in a heartbeat. It's actually on my very short list of potential boats as I came out of a Ranger Z20 earlier this year. I think they made the wide bodies because a lot of people were complaining that bass cat boats were narrow, but a lot of people I know who personally have Cougars and Pumas don't have an issue with them.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    New design bass cat?? you mean the Lynx, Caracal, etc.? I think they'll keep it around as those were flagship models and still are. I personally don't care for the wide body bass cats, but would buy a cougar in a heartbeat. It's actually on my very short list of potential boats as I came out of a Ranger Z20 earlier this year. I think they made the wide bodies because a lot of people were complaining that bass cat boats were narrow, but a lot of people I know who personally have Cougars and Pumas don't have an issue with them.
    I'm with you. If I won the lottery and could buy any boat. I'd get another Puma. Plenty of deck room.

4. Member
    Love my cougar

5. Member
    I was at Sherm's on Friday and he had a Cougar in there with the new Merc and it was already sold. As long as people keep buying them, they aren't going anywhere.

6. Member
    I owned a 2009 Bass Cat Puma and it was an absolutely fantastic boat and I would buy another one in a heart beat. They really are incredible boats.

7. Member
    My 2016 Puma/SHO is a fantastic boat. If and when I buy another, it will be some model of Basscat.

8. Member
    Yall know I love my puma. So does everyone that gets in it. Got my personal best 77.2 this weekend. Still more there,but I’m learning. I just love how it handles at 60.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

9. Member
    I'm not positive, but I believe the Puma leads in BCB sales numbers. More than likely it isn't going anywhere.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Member
    2009 Cougar here. Upgraded to 2017 250 SHO. Love them both!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I'm not positive, but I believe the Puma leads in BCB sales numbers. More than likely it isn't going anywhere.
    There is no way this is true. Just look at the "Bass Cat by Serial Number" Facebook page. Pumas are few and far between.

12. Member
    I hope they stick around for awhile, I'm torn between the two. And throw the Eyra in on top of it. All Bass Cat boats are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post

I can see why, could imagine a better fishing platform
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Demand is all that will dictate that. The Cougar Advantage SP series is gone for 2019, though we think most will be pleased on the Puma FTD and Cougar FTD staying solid.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Demand is all that will dictate that. The Cougar Advantage SP series is gone for 2019, though we think most will be pleased on the Puma FTD and Cougar FTD staying solid.
    Why is the Advantage going away Mr. Pierce? The guys at B.S. Marina were telling me how much of a great boat you get for the price point and after looking it over I agree. Its BCB's only full size "value boat". Are more people skipping the Advantage and stepping up to the premium models?

They have something with the Cougar FTD for dealer meeting.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They have something with the Cougar FTD for dealer meeting.
    That's this week right?