Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar

Question Jackplates on 2018/2019 Allison XB21

What jackplate (brand and model) is going on the new XB21 from the factory?

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    It is a new and improved CMC with the nylon guide plates between the inner and outer plate along with an outer nylon guide plate sandwiched between the outer surface of the JP and a thick piece of metal that keeps the bolts in alignment. I'll snap a few pics of mine and send them to ya.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Yep, Still using CMC
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Moderator
    The new plate is made by CMC but is actually redesigned by Darris. It is different than just the add on's Craig listed.
    I'll try to post a picture.
    I was actually suppose to post a picture a while back and forgot. CRS is a terrible thing.

5. Moderator

6. Member
    Oh wow that is different. Is that design coming from cmc like that or is Darris cutting it to that shape??? I looked on the website ( which is actually TH Marine) and that is not shown. How bout some more pics lee from different angles
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    The new plate is made by CMC but is actually redesigned by Darris. It is different than just the add on's Craig listed.
    I was actually suppose to post a picture a while back and forgot. CRS is a terrible thing.
    Lee, yes, please post more pics. I almost ordered an entirely new CMC PL-65 jackplate yesterday just to maintain some consistency in wiring and controls. My 7050 actuator is leaking (this will be 3 out of 3 that has leaked fluid). The CMC nylon washers are eaten up and I can't replace the inside washers myself. The height indicator sending unit (also filled with oil) also is leaking. It is a hot mess. I don't believe it has ever been "square" since I've owned the boat.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

8. Moderator
    They are the only two pictures the Allison Rep. sent me. I have not seen one for myself yet.

Craig, Darris is having CMC build them this way for him.

9. Member
    I like the access to the rear with the way it is cur out like that but is it as strong?? That JP will also be easier to adapt a Bob's Machine Shop LED JP gauge also. I'll reach out to terry and see if he has any pics on his phone to send me.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

10. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Lee, I spoke to CMC today about jackplates and the issues I was having. Within the last month, CMC redesigned a plate for Darris for the new Allisons. It has a spacer and 3" stroke vs. a 5" stroke of the older CMC units. This is custom and specific to Allison. Said they sent about 10 of them recently. Also as an aside, I found out that the 7050 actuators were redesigned after 2014 with better seals and internal motor after I complained about mine leaking.

FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak