2013 P4 Vault hubs getting hot..hear hissing noise

Any advice?

Im order a service kit asap..anyone know size 1.98 or larger?

Contact Parts at Bass Cat.

BCB

And what is it Im calling the Parts dept for?

4. Scraps
    I would just explain the sitch like you did here. Sounds like a leaky seal somewhere letting hot air out.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Are all the hubs getting hot? You used plural in your title.
    That may be brake calipers sticking.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Thanks guys..kit ordered.

Yes, the 2 hubs with brakes are getting hot...onto checking brakes

7. Member
    If its both the brake cable may have been inadvertantly pulled. Underneath the tongue there will be a little L shaped tab. You can push up on it to release the pressure causing the brakes to drag. Also check the cable has not been pulled hard enough to break the clip.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the info

Myself and a bud bled the brakes yesterday..and I tore into the 2 vault hubs with the brakes(no seals leaking)

Neither were hung..each wheel would spin once jacked up, yet there was slight rubbing but would turn freely. Also , the calipers were very loose if the pads were not slightly rubbing. I take it this is normal and should be rubbing slightly?

One thing we did notice , one wheel had side to side movement...who in gods name came up with the "torsion axle" and what exactly are they good for? Turned out the 150ft lb nut/bolt needed to be tightened.

Also, my brakes only had one bleeder on furthest away from front (Basscat 2013 P4) Other caliper had hose connection from one caliper to other

Next T is coming up..we will see how they work..

Trip from Indiana was a bit hilly and allot of braking..pads are worn and will be replaced before next year...I will replace everything if need be

Thanks guys for all your help!

One thing we noticed is we never got a stream of oil when bleeding the brakes? Whether we used actuator or harbor freight bleeder kit..is this normal?