Megabass rod warranty ?

Just picked up a 2018 diablo and as I was putting line on the rod snapped 6 inches from the tip. Literally the slightest pressure of anykind you can put on a rod when your spooling up a reel. For sure the rod was defected or had a soft spot in it. Is Megabass warranty easy to deal with ? I literally just got the rod and have a receipt .

2. Member
    Fill out a form and send back to Megabass. They will replace it but it’s about a two week process. I broke three Destroyers this year. Nice feeling Rods but not very durable IMO.

3. Member
    Appreciate the reply , i went to the website but I don’t see a form . I just filled out my name and email for a sales reply

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Appreciate the reply , i went to the website but I don’t see a form . I just filled out my name and email for a sales reply
    They will contact you. If you need further help just shoot me an IM. They will get you fixed up ASAP. They have great CS.

5. Member
    Thanks Mark ! I sent you a pm

I broke my Pitch Perfect on the very first hook set 28" back from the tip,,, Went to MB website and emailed them, they very quickly sent me a response back explain just what to do,, they told me I could cut the rod one more time to make it shorter and cheaper to ship,, they also send you a PDF document that you fill out and you will need a copy of the receipt where purchased,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    I broke my Pitch Perfect on the very first hook set 28" back from the tip,,, Went to MB website and emailed them, they very quickly sent me a response back explain just what to do,, they told me I could cut the rod one more time to make it shorter and cheaper to ship,, they also send you a PDF document that you fill out and you will need a copy of the receipt where purchased,,,,

8. Member
    I'm considering a new spinning outfit and was looking at a Megabass but looking at Tackle Tour form there seems to be quite a few broken rods, many on the first use. I'm considering an Orochi XX or Destroyer in the near future but am kind of leary.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I'm considering a new spinning outfit and was looking at a Megabass but looking at Tackle Tour form there seems to be quite a few broken rods, many on the first use. I'm considering an Orochi XX or Destroyer in the near future but am kind of leary.
    A lot of them are probably stinger tip models. Some of them were more prone to breaking. I have some destroyers and orochi and have no issues

10. Member
    I’ve never had one break on me before , this so the first and I consider it just bad luck.