I have a 2003 200HP HPDI. Have had no problems. I leave it plugged in to a charger all the time when stored in my garage. Last week, got up to go fishing and the battery charger was blinking orange (indicating charging) after it had been solid green the night before. I skipped my trip and decided to try and charge battery all day. Finally got it charged only to have it pull back down overnight again. Bit the bullet and bought a Northstar 31M AGM battery. Plugged in charger, charged battery up to solid green and thought all was well. This morning, the charger is back flashing yellow. Today, I pulled the outboard leads off the battery and charged it back up without the outboard connected. Back to green this afternoon. Is something up with my outboard pulling a current? I have a main power cutoff that kills my dash, etc. I always keep it off.

One odd note, last week when I was connecting the new Northstar battery, the outboard turned over (tried to start) just with me connecting the leads.

By the way, the boat is a Ranger with Ranger keypad if that matters.