Thread: boat cover

boat cover

Recommendations for a trailerable boat cover for a 20XD?

2. Banned
    Aurora Canvas

3. Member
    +1000^^

4. Hagen
    Which style? Don't they make 2 or 3 different one? My cousin has one on his basscat and it's very nice.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

5. Banned
    For towing aqualon with extra felt on the top cap, reduced straps, 1” webbing with cargo
    straps. Text me 606-438-6793 and I’ll show you my cover on my 21ss.

They dont make a cover that id tow with but thats just me.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    For towing aqualon with extra felt on the top cap, reduced straps, 1” webbing with cargo
    straps. Text me 606-438-6793 and I’ll show you my cover on my 21ss.
    Ya, that is a nice one. I suspect the fleece lined one would work well. Fleece where it touches the top cap. I did email them and they replied. One thing is they are proud of them, $900+. I got to think on that a bit.

8. Member
    They are the best, but not cheap

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    They are the best, but not cheap
    For real!

10. Member
    worth every cent
    Bass Cat Puma

11. Member
    I am sure they are very good. The problem for me is I will not use 2-3 times a year at most. Wanting to go LSC next spring. Might never pull a long trip again. However, if I had a good trailerable cover I might travel a little more.

I’m with alli ss....no cover when trailering for me. I’ve fixed several boats that the cover came loose during a trip and chaffed the piss out of the gel....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

13. Member
    Yes they can but, all that road grime when it rains is really bad on the carpet. I had a 20V that I never could get the stains out of the carpet. I had a person tell me to get a roll of the clear plastic c!ing wrap like used in pallets and make a couple laps around the gunwald lapping up on the top cap will prevent any possible chaffing, IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I’m with alli ss....no cover when trailering for me. I’ve fixed several boats that the cover came loose during a trip and chaffed the piss out of the gel....
    Seen it myself. My old 20xd developed a weird pattern on the back due to the cover. It was an Aurora custom that fit tight as a glove. I think it would be fine for local use and it definitely keeps the elements out when stored, but on long trips, just let it get wet/road grime and clean it off after. Most here are gonna detail it after a road/fishing trip anyway!

Now you wanna talk about aggravation....... BLUE CARPET

15. Banned
    I'm on my 3rd boat with an Aurora cover and I've never had a problem. All of my mine have had the cargo style ratchet straps on the back.

16. Member
    I suspect they are the best. As I stated road grime when it rains makes a mess of the carpet. But, $1000 for a cover when I can have new carpet put in for $1200 may not be reasonable. If I traveled a lot it would make more sense but, for one trip to LSC maybe not. I have plenty of time to think it over. Thanks everybody.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    I suspect they are the best. As I stated road grime when it rains makes a mess of the carpet. But, $1000 for a cover when I can have new carpet put in for $1200 may not be reasonable. If I traveled a lot it would make more sense but, for one trip to LSC maybe not. I have plenty of time to think it over. Thanks everybody.
    I really don't have a choice because of Coal mines where I live. If you get caught one time without a cover on a wet road they've hauled coal on you will never get the boat clean again.

18. Member
    [QUOTE=collins4;9498412]I really don't have a choice because of Coal mines where I live. If you get caught one time without a cover on a wet road they've hauled coal on you will never get the boat clean again.[/QUOTEQUOTE
    I bet that is right!

Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    I really don't have a choice because of Coal mines where I live. If you get caught one time without a cover on a wet road they've hauled coal on you will never get the boat clean again.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

20. Banned
    Had a Aurora for my 20XD, fit like a glove... Dan