help please 2000 225 pro max

2000 225 promax ot069289 running down the lake it just shut down no alarms about 10 min started right back up. ran two more times no problem then done it again and would not start back acted like battery was dead. jumped of trolling battery started right . went to dock shut it off and unhooked jumper it cranked three times no problems. i just put new fuel line and buld on it. any advice ? help don?
    Last edited by blazer44; 07-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Check your battery connections to see if they're good and tight. If it doesn't wanna start, check and see if the fuel pump is running when you turn the key on.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

3. Member
    ^^^^^^+1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    battery connections were good ,fuel pump running , battery testes good.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Load test battery and make sure IT is good.

Engine cables installed FIRST, remaining lugs Largest to Smallest, finish with a Stainless Locknut (NO WING-NUTS).

Check ENGINE end of cables to make sure they are clean and tight.

Check CANNON-PLUG connector (clean male pins, spread ever so slightly with exacto knife, reconnect, and TIE-WRAP in place to prevent vibration/loosening).

See if problems persist.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    checked all but the cannon plug all were good. i even took everything lose from battery and put back on. i did find bolt backed out of fuel pump. it drained the battery again saturday night . looked yesterday found two of the coils of wire on front right of stator are burnt up. i'm going to take it to the shop this week it's over my head.

7. Member
    would replace both regs with oem and stator, $$$$$$$ sorry
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................