Thread: Power poles

Power poles

They both got to go. Like Fortrex better. Those things are heavy and I'm sick and tired of raising and lowering them each time I put the Bug in the garage!

2. Member
    I have 10 footers. So that means the only way to get the boat inside is to lower them. Not a big deal I just use the remote and I have it down to a science. Now they do take a little extra floor space as I have to keep them down in the garage.

I do like them however a lot of times out on the lake I never use them. But when I need them there is nothing better.

What I can tell you they can take one heck of a beating. I actually deployed one under a dock. Don't ask it happened. Getting it unstuck was a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    What I can tell you they can take one heck of a beating. I actually deployed one under a dock. Don't ask it happened. Getting it unstuck was a little fun.
    That takes damn talent right there....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    Dang

5. Member
    What kind? How much?

6. Member
    Lol ok how does one get their power pole under a dock. Really is was pretty easy. I was pulling the boat out and pulled along side the courtesy dock. Well I never gave it much thought and deployed my power poles to hold the boat.the only problem is I forgot the lake was up more than a few feet. Darn it if the back of the boat didnt swing under the dock. Without thinking I hit my remote and the rest is well that's how you deploy under a dock and get stuck.

What a mess I was certain it was going go rip the power pole off or twist it all to heck and back. Not really sure what it so difficult to get it out but after some work the power pole came out minus some of the black covering on the fiberglass and the rubber mount for the paddle.
    I'm certain if I didn't get brain freeze and hit the up button it would have been less than of an event. In any event I gave more than a few people something to say they saw another one of those stupid bass boat people.

Lesson look at the huminbird depth reading prior to deploying along side a dock