2013 Nitro Z-7 Livewell

I need a Nitrologist. How do you keep your livewell from filling when you’re not fishing? I don’t want to haul around 250# of water when I’m just out riding.

valve close, turn nozzle shut, and dont back up to hard or go buy a rubber stopper for the overflow, i also fish in the winter hand bought a bunch of plugs to seal the transom through hulls including pump out
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Thanks Fishysam...are you talking about the red valve? Do you close it by pushing it in?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer7114 View Post
    Thanks Fishysam...are you talking about the red valve? Do you close it by pushing it in?
    It's the pump out/recirculate valve.
    2010 NITRO Z7

5. Member
    I need a Nitrologist. How do you keep your livewell from filling when you’re not fishing? I don’t want to haul around 250# of water when I’m just out riding.
    You do have the drain plug at the bottom of the livewell in, correct? Any water coming in from the overflow should be minimal during the course of the day.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    You do have the drain plug at the bottom of the livewell in, correct? Any water coming in from the overflow should be minimal during the course of the day.
    Unless you throttle in reverse to hard, will fill fash
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Unless you throttle in reverse to hard, will fill fash
    Which should be minimal during the course of "most" days. Not too many people reverse hard enough to fill 30 gallons during the course of the day.

8. Member

The amount of water in your livewell should be minimal if you do not have the plug seated. While the plug is out, the water level in the well can only get as high as the water line on the boat. Which under normal circumstances will only be a few gallons at best. Try filling your livewell to the top without the plug. Spoiler alert - you can't. I should add, once you get on plane, the water should vacate in short-order.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    The amount of water in your livewell should be minimal if you do not have the plug seated. While the plug is out, the water level in the well can only get as high as the water line on the boat. Which under normal circumstances will only be a few gallons at best. Try filling your livewell to the top without the plug. Spoiler alert - you can't. I should add, once you get on plane, the water should vacate in short-order.
    x2

10. Member
    I bought my boat used. I don’t think there’s a plug in it

11. Member
    I bought my boat used. I don’t think there’s a plug in it
    Then you shouldn't have to worry about water accumulating in the bilge. Once you get on plane whatever water entered will eventually egress. Moreover, if you ever plan on putting fish in the box, and want them to continue living for any amount of time, I'd suggest getting a plug.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    red plug at BPS fits good. You'll need the plug if you want to use the live wells.
    2010 NITRO Z7

13. Member
    Thanks everyone. Found the plug.

14. Member
    The factory plugs have little rubber gaskets that wear out over time. As someone mentioned look online or at any other fishing store for the lever-type plugs. Usually red in color. These will last you a lot longer. If you want minimal water in your livewell, you'll need to have this plug in the well.