Ultrex “INDEXING”

Installed my Ultrex this spring and everything has been working except when it’s on spot lock and the head rotates all the way “toe down” on the pedal. The pedal seems to bottom out before the motor wants to stop turning clockwise which kicks it out of spot lock.... this only happens in this one direction/situation and I’ve ensured the pedal and cables are not hanging up or resisting.
    I was considering “indexing” the setup to change the alignment per the installation manual....my question is, it says when the motor is inline with the keel the pedal should be flat/parallel to the deck, mine already is.
    Anyone come across this? Ideas?
    Thanks in advance, just don’t want to take the cable/pulleys apart for nothing.

2. Member
    Toe limit switch not working correctly.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    Toe limit switch not working correctly.
    Is this something I can check or adjust?

4. Member
    There's a post on here with pics of them. Someone had installed them 180* and they didn't work right.

There is 2 of them, one under the heal and other on post side toe area. I'd make sure they are installed the same way first.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Member
    Look under the foot pedal and make sure there isn't a zip tie the is hitting something before the footpedal gets full toe down. We don't see the sensors upside down from the factory, but it happens after a control board has been installed. Indexing isn't going to help. The pedal is hitting something before it gets full toe down -- I know you've checked it, but I'm guessing you're missing something.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    I was discussing another issue with technician last week and ask him about indexing, he said as long as motor is in line with keel of boat and foot pedal is level there is no need to index. He did say if it was mounted on starboard side it would need indexing. I did not index mine and have several friends that did not index all with no problems. All mounted port side.

7. Member
    You have me thinking, I kno I’m missing something, I’ll check into this and let you know what I find. Thanks for the input all

8. Member
    Well sure enough, went through my installation again and the pedal was just touching the right side fastener Head I used on the toe end. Pulled the one and took it out, worked flawlessly all day, spotlock didn’t trip out once... just goes to show that even when you’ve checked “everything” the smallest detail can throw it off.

Thanks for the help guys