Talon won't manually retract

I have a brand new 15' Talon, that deployed and retracted about a dozen times. While fishing last night it wouldn't fully retract. It was anchored in about 10 feed of water. When I went to retract it came up to the 4.8' mark. I tried redeploying several times which worked fine but every time I would try to retract it stopped at the same point. Not having a 7/16 socket onboard (I will have in the future), I ended up tilting the Talon down and slowly motored back to shore. I then followed the manual retract sequence as stated in the manual. I held the "up arrow" button for 3 seconds until I heard the tone, then tried to manually retract in the clock-wise direction but the bolt wouldn't budge.

Any suggestions for what to try next? I'm on a remote lake for 2 weeks and hoping there is something I can do myself shy of shipping back to Minnkota.

Thanks!

2. Member
    answering my own question for others who may encounter the same problem. After searching the web it appears that the only other option is to return to MinnKota. So I got a longer handled 7/16 wrench and was finally able to get it to "break free". After the initial "breaking free point" is retracted the rest of the way with reasonable pressure. Hope this helps others.

3. Member
    My 12' Talons have now done this twice to me after having them deployed for about 3 hours each time it happened. The stake will not fully retract.

I had them repaired the first time and got my boat back on June 25th. This past Saturday, July 7th, they jammed up again after only deploying them 4 times since June 25th. I suspect the cables are twisted again. I don't see where others are having this problem so I'm guessing there is something internally wrong with my Talons.

I'll wait to see if the second ASC can finally fix them, if not, I will need to call Minn Kota to see about having them replaced or factory repaired.

M