Thread: Gaterhide fix

Gaterhide fix

Some jackalope backed into my trailer at the parking lot and they don’t leave a note or anything I tell ya a guy can not have anything nice so they took the rear reflector off and put a big long gouge out of the gaterhide wondering if any one knows of a way to try and fix it thanks

2. Member
    Look for Rust-o-leum rubber spray. Walmart or any place that sells Rust-o-leum paint should have it. Had the same jackalope find me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Look for Rust-o-leum rubber spray. Walmart or any place that sells Rust-o-leum paint should have it. Had the same jackalope find me.
    Will check it out Thanks

4. Member
    Or get some Rino Liner stuff. The trailer maker says that is all that the Gatorhyd is.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    I have Rhino liner in my pick up, I think the texture is a lot more coarse. I just used some Rust O leum this past Saturday, it's not a bad match. It's not quite as coarse as the Gatorhyde but a couple of coats blends in decently.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I have Rhino liner in my pick up, I think the texture is a lot more coarse. I just used some Rust O leum this past Saturday, it's not a bad match. It's not quite as coarse as the Gatorhyde but a couple of coats blends in decently.
    Just picked up a can of rust o Leum will give it a try this weekend thanks for the help

7. Member
    Please let us know how it works... I have a spot I need to repair also. Thanks

8. Member
    Hey guys. I spoke with Claude directly about repairing my gatorhyde and he said the Duplicolor truck bed liner is exactly what they use. Just thought I would mention it if you want an exact match.

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I got under my 2016 C channel trailer yesterday to take a look around, and on each side of where the springs are attached, the gatorhyde is flaking off and a bit of surface rust has begun.
    It's in a few more places as well. Shoulda got pics but I was in a tight position. It was hard enough sliding under there.
    The top & sides look great tho. Who's gonna crawl under a trailer, anyway!

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Who's gonna crawl under a trailer, anyway!
    Bluebird920 crawls under his everyday, I only get under mine about once a week
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Sure do... Must be the military in me.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    So have you noticed any gatorhyde peeling?

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    only around the bolts to the bunks when I installed my new Gatorbaks last month
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    So have you noticed any gatorhyde peeling?
    None on mine. There was one small spot that was nicked during shipping that I fixed.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻