Thread: Boat Lift

Boat Lift

I have a 2013 Nitro Z7. The beam is 94”. I’m going to be hanging it on a lift. What would be the best bunk spacing? I read that you should use the same spacing as the trailer that came with the boat. The problem there is the trailer has 4 bunks and my lift has 2. Anyone hanging a Z7? I’d appreciate some advise...

2. Member
    I know this is an old post but I just picked up a Z7 and was curious whether I’m OK with just the 2 bunks on a lift versus the 4 that are on the trailer? Assume so since I haven’t ever seen a lift with 4 bunks. The new lift I bought it looks like they want weight distributed between the bunks and the keel pads in the center that are on each end of the lift (front and back, don’t run the entire length). Opinions?

3. Member
    My 2011 has 6 bunks, 2 that are over 8 ft long adjacent to the pad, and a 5 1/2 footer farther outboard from those. I would also say that with the hook these Z7's seem prone to; be sure the rear bunk supports are directly under the transom edge. Even resting on the 6 bunks mine has a 3/8 inch curve developed. Down 3.7 mph.