Ultrex cable cover disassembly???

Hello I have a grommet that came out on the cable wheel side was wondering if anyone had advice on how to get her back in driving me crazy.
    Cant get the picture the right size but I think y’all know what I’m talking about, the coiled power cord grommet. Thanks

if it's the one I'm thinking about -- A screwdriver to push it back in.. make sure it's ligned up with the groves..... a little lubrication in the right spot..... along with some elbow grease.

3. Member
    Alarm you can’t take the cable cover off?

4. Member
    It worked I lubed it up and applied some elbow grease, was easier off the water, cable was wrapped around the cord and my buddy went to deploy motor. Thanks

The covers can be taken off to replace the wire grommet.. Remove the little sight cover on top with the tab.. there are 2 screws in the bottom that will allow you to move motor cover connection enough to access 2 more screws that allow you to slide the coil cord cover up the cable jacket.. You can then install the coil cord grommet into it's groves and reasemble. It can be a PIA and will take some time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ant2115 View Post
    It worked I lubed it up and applied some elbow grease, was easier off the water, cable was wrapped around the cord and my buddy went to deploy motor. Thanks

I had mine on spot lock -- while it was repositioning-- the bottom loop of the coil cord looped over the shaft collar knob.. when the motor turned back again it jerked the grommet out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    The covers can be taken off to replace the wire grommet.. Remove the little sight cover on top with the tab.. there are 2 screws in the bottom that will allow you to move motor cover connection enough to access 2 more screws that allow you to slide the coil cord cover up the cable jacket.. You can then install the coil cord grommet into it's groves and reasemble. It can be a PIA and will take some time..
    This is what I did to fix it too. Mine arrived that way. Makes me wonder who's managing Quality Control there these days..?