Going to Saginaw bay

I'm headed to Saginaw bay on the 15th until the 19th. Anyone know if the fish have moved offshore yet or are they still shallow? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Member
    Water temp was over 80! Fished shallow caught a few decent fish on frogs. Went out to 12 to 15 ft weedbeds and caught them pretty good working the edges with a 10 in worm. Seems to blow every day I'm not working. Hopefully this helps ya

Largemouth?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

4. Member
    Yeah

5. Member
    I couldn't believe how warm the water was up shallow ...80...81 degrees

6. Member
    Looking to go after smallies

Where are you going out at? Most of the smallies I have been catching have been on Ridges that come up to about 4' from 8'. I saw a few beds with fish on them on the 4th.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

8. Member
    Fricker Dude....he's staying between caseville and port Austin... not real familiar with the area other than the massive rock piles near Alaska bay... I'm on the other end of Saginaw bay...never fished that side much.

The Area from Port Austin to Caseville I have never fished. I would suggest going out of Bay Port or Port Austin. That said they are very different areas even though they are not too far away from each other. Port Austin should have very clear water right now probably like 20' visibility and the water will be much cooler. If I was to go out of PA I would fish around the rocks by the lighthouse and also in and around Alaska bay fish should be active out there from 5' to 20'. Fishing around the rock breakwall will also get you bit. Bay Port the water is much warmer 80+ not as clear and seems to change depending on wind. I have been out of Bay Port a few times the last few weeks and have caught fish around rocks by and around North Island. Charity's has been slow for me but if its nice enough always a fun trip, Water Clarity will be pretty good out there and there are more than enough rock piles and ridges to fish out there especially north of the island. I will be out of town so will not be able to give an update report from this weekend. Feel free to PM me if you need anymore info.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits