Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Anyway, I'm sorry for coming across so strongly on this subject (Al didn't tell me to say that, lol), especially since modern boat transoms really don't need the help, so it doesn't matter which system you choose.

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Why do I think it might be a bit difficult to find a link to Champion Boats today?

3. Pat Goff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Link please? I'm just curious as to why?
    A what? To what? There is no champion website.
    Bill Pace told me
    Bruce Benton told me
    Chuck Pierce told me
    Bottom line, do what you want, if you believe it is good, then it is, if not then it's not. I choose not, but sure not going to demand you do the same thing, go have at it.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    A what? To what? There is no champion website.
    Bill Pace told me
    Bruce Benton told me
    Chuck Pierce told me
    Bottom line, do what you want, if you believe it is good, then it is, if not then it's not. I choose not, but sure not going to demand you do the same thing, go have at it.
    Three of the ChampioN principals ALL told you not to use a transom saver?
    Wow.

5. Banned
    Maybe Tracker and Ranger need transom savers because they........suck? I am kidding of course so keep your hate pm’s to yourselves.

6. Banned
    I could actually see it on a riveted aluminum boat.
    A bouncing motor on a trailer will exert forces in both directions on the transom. The motor will be only pushing forward on the transom when under way in the water. Maybe it makes a difference.

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Rationalizing? There have been a huge number of discussions on this subject. No winners in the "argument".

You all can do your own study. Loosen the straps a bit from trailer to boat, not much. Lift the lower unit up a bit away from your stick style transom saver, 1/4"to 1/2" is all. Keep the bungie on it but just tight enough to hold the stick in place loosely. Then take her out on the road and get some speed 5 mph is more than enough. Then "SLAM ON THE BRAKES!" measure the distance of the gap or give it a firm tug to test tightness. Publish your results here.

If the boat and trailer were all one unit, no problem, since they are not every single bump, emergency stop or fender bender gets transferred from the road. to the trailer, to stick, to the lower unit and on to the transom. It's just common sense not rocket science.

You can thank me later.

p.s. Here's the picture of my 203 transom after center punching someone at 5 to 7 mph. I really, really miss that boat.

Last edited by BigMouth; 07-11-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123