Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Sounds like an issue with Minn Kota. Not Phoenix
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

Little update. Phoenix is shipping a new trolling motor to the dealer for my new boat! Thanks Phoenix for your great customer service!

That's great

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocatt View Post
    TroyBoy30 is a real comic. I'll be sure and not do any business with BoeMarine. Sounds like there customer service would be top notch. "Stuff Happens" pack sand! HA!HA!HA!
    Umm yeah me too after that comment.

I love my ultrex but I too have had a couple of issues with it. One being water in the lower unit. Minn kota covered it under warranty no problem but it took the service center 3 months to fix mine. Luckily I still have my fortrex that came with my boat that I used while mine was being fixed. The delay wasn't with Minn kota it was with the service center I used. Never using them again.

How do you check the LU to make sure there is no water

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    How do you check the LU to make sure there is no water
    How I found out mine had water in the lower unit was pull the prop, loosen the 2 long bolts, and just pulled it apart a little. When I done this the water just poured out. Me personally if I had no issues with the motor I would just check and make sure the bolts are tight. Mine was to the point of making a lot of grinding noise. It was obvious something was seriously wrong.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocatt View Post
    TroyBoy30 is a real comic. I'll be sure and not do any business with BoeMarine. Sounds like there customer service would be top notch. "Stuff Happens" pack sand! HA!HA!HA!
    He has continued to say stuff like this forever regarding the ultrex and the defense of it. Don't take my word for it, read em! Meanwhile customer complaints continue to build for the ultrex and it's Quality.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Umm yeah me too after that comment.

I love my ultrex but I too have had a couple of issues with it. One being water in the lower unit. Minn kota covered it under warranty no problem but it took the service center 3 months to fix mine. Luckily I still have my fortrex that came with my boat that I used while mine was being fixed. The delay wasn't with Minn kota it was with the service center I used. Never using them again.
    Amazing that you have to keep a fortrex in spare for when the ultrex craps out. But some will be along shortly with "stuff happens" defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    How I found out mine had water in the lower unit was pull the prop, loosen the 2 long bolts, and just pulled it apart a little. When I done this the water just poured out. Me personally if I had no issues with the motor I would just check and make sure the bolts are tight. Mine was to the point of making a lot of grinding noise. It was obvious something was seriously wrong.
    Ah. I got ya. I'm going to check the bolts tightness as soon as I get my boat back.. It sounds like I should be playing the lottery since I have not had a single issue with mine

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by GOFISH$ View Post
    Amazing that you have to keep a fortrex in spare for when the ultrex craps out. But some will be along shortly with "stuff happens" defense.
    I've always tried to keep a spare trolling motor. In my 20 years of bass boat ownership I've only had one trolling motor go completely out until the ultrex. I just hope Minn kota gets there act together, bc when the ultrex works there is nothing like it.

As far as reading the comments of some. I've read plenty on different subjects to have already made my mind up long before this thread. That comment just sealed it.
    Last edited by Buck456; 07-13-2018 at 02:47 PM.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Ah. I got ya. I'm going to check the bolts tightness as soon as I get my boat back.. It sounds like I should be playing the lottery since I have not had a single issue with mine
    I'm sure many have no issues at all. You normally hear about the issues here though.

12. Member
    Installed my brand new ultrex today and decided to check the two bolts after reading this thread and they we’re extremely loose. I actually was able to use my hand to tighten at first. Thanks for the help, sorry to see this happens to some people!

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRebel90 View Post
    Installed my brand new ultrex today and decided to check the two bolts after reading this thread and they we’re extremely loose. I actually was able to use my hand to tighten at first. Thanks for the help, sorry to see this happens to some people!
    I checked mine again and they was pretty snug. My lower unit was replaced in March.

14. Banned
    Another ultrex problem.... what else hasn't broken down on these things yet? Been using a fortrex since they came out and so far haven't had an issue.The day I log on this site and there's no new problems to the ultrex is the day I'll fork over that crazy price. Till that day my fortrex will do just fine. I feel bad for the guys that paid up and have to deal with all the issues. I know it's not every single one but it sure has my attention enough to keep me away. That's me personally others will have a different opinion...

You can add me to the list of folks that have water in unit. Took it to the service center and bolts were loose. New lower unit on the way.

16. Member
    I've had my lower replaced last month for water intrusion. Was also told if I removed the bolts on the lower it voids the warranty? Not sure how one would know just saying.

After reading some reports. I checked the tightness without removal.

18. Banned
    wow it was just a joke. stuff does happen. especially when you have such a demand for a product. any time you are over loaded with orders qc will likely suffer. I know it's an inconvenience, but they will take care of you. there are tons of us out here that have not had a single issue. if you ordered one from me, you wouldn't have to deal with minn kota or the service center. i'd ship you a replacement right out. you know how many I've had to replace for issues in 100's of orders? zero

19. Member
    What recourse do you have if the ASC says "this looks to be impact damage on the lower" and doesn't submit for warranty? Reason I ask is mine started getting loud but still operated, took it in and I honestly never even noticed the skeg to be off center a few degrees. I had not clue until I looked at another sitting next to it on the floor. I've always been pretty careful due to the posts on the shafts breaking so pretty sure I never hit anything but anytime the TM bumps bottom is it impact damage?? Anyway paid out of pocket for the repair.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    wow it was just a joke. stuff does happen. especially when you have such a demand for a product. any time you are over loaded with orders qc will likely suffer. I know it's an inconvenience, but they will take care of you. there are tons of us out here that have not had a single issue. if you ordered one from me, you wouldn't have to deal with minn kota or the service center. i'd ship you a replacement right out. you know how many I've had to replace for issues in 100's of orders? zero
    I haven't had any issues, but will take you up on that offer if I do. hah

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast