Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I ordered 1 off ebay cheaper and free shipping. Hope it helps my back.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Banned
    I'm interested in a review of the Millennium Marine B300 Palma Horse Seat without any modifications or addittions except bolting it onto my post. Anyone?

It is much better than the regular butt seat. 'No' it doesn't 'spin' when You get on-plane, nor does it 'spin' when You reach back to lean against it. It also doesn't get real hot, it is heavy-duty mesh like.

3. Member
    I have one. Love it. Will be getting another.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auam72 View Post
    I have one. Love it. Will be getting another.
    Thanks. It looks pretty long (wide). Does it make the front of your boat seem narrow when you have 2 or 3 rods up front? Do you need a special mounting plate? Does it spin when you are on plane?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I'm interested in a review of the Millennium Marine B300 Palma Horse Seat without any modifications or addittions except bolting it onto my post. Anyone?

It is much better than the regular butt seat. 'No' it doesn't 'spin' when You get on-plane, nor does it 'spin' when You reach back to lean against it. It also doesn't get real hot, it is heavy-duty mesh like.
    Put this on it to stop any spin... not saying there is any but should fit most pedestals. I use it.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H_...e-TROLLPE.html

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Put this on it to stop any spin... not saying there is any but should fit most pedestals. I use it.

That answer was for "JHelms" (He must have Me on 'mute') Type Him that it does NOT spin while on-plane and it will mount to the Marine Standard 4-bolt pattern. e.g. I took the Ranger™ butt seat off the pedestal (4 bolt) and put on "Milly".

Mine has worked perfectly since I ordered it after doing a thread back in Spring. I've done ZERO mods (modifications)

The thing that I like the best is it doesn't 'spin' when You lean back into it blindly. My Triton™ and Ranger™ seats both spun. With this one You can cast going down the bank and then when it is time to lean, the seat is there and You don't get off-center (land on keester)

When it gets 'hairy' or some ToolShed cruises by in a wakemaker, I take it to the top and lean forward against it.

Would You recommend to someone else? "Yes"

7. Banned

Thanks, but I have one of those in the garage. Since I moved to a MK Fortrex112 from a MG Tour109 I no longer 'get the shakes' I spend the majority of My Angling time in the Lilypads, so I put dual NinjaGrassBlades and this just slices and dices; Thats another spot where this seat shines. When it is 4wd time, way more sturdy..

8. Banned
    Yikes!! Good thing I didn't have to turn in a report on this, as it wasn't earlier this Spring but last year..

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ium+palmahorse

I don't think the fish care for it, Justin Atkins damn near clanked every fish he pulled in off the seat on the front deck on UMF show today ;)

I have the pommel style upfront I use in place of a bicycle seat for leaning without any modifications and replaced the rear deck seat with a full seat. They are both super comfortable and I love the breathable mesh material in the heat. I only got them this year, but they appear to be really good quality. They will all mount to your existing pedestals with square plates and 4 bolt attachments.

Dan Beck
    2013 Ranger Z119/SHO 200

11. Member
    Mounted seat on pedistal,I'll try it out this week,easy to mount

12. Member
    Thanks for the reviews everyone (and you too Lew - LOL!). I'm going to try this.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Here's mine . . .

https://www.amazon.com/Millennium-Ma...BFNV5SWJ6R149G

With the Mosher Marine Butt Seat Back Brace.

All day comfort in a variety of seating positions.

Start out the day sitting on the end...

A few hours later leaning back.

Hours after that and if fishing in slow leaning on one side or the other.

And if I ain't catching nothing I straddle it basswards and harass the back seater, usually Mikey but it works good facing the fish too!

You can also flip the seat all the way around, stand and lean against the back rest. IF you have the Mosher Marine Back Saver.
    Older thread, but I see you have the shorter version of the power pedestal, I think I am going to order one for mine as well - the taller version works great for leaning, but when you actually want to sit down, even at the lowest position it's still a bit high.

I also like the back pad, but tbh I don't like the price of it. Not sure how some seats can sell for $40 and some for $300... but I guess it rhymes with... crap, what rhymes with china lol...

I actually have the Mossy Oak version, it has red frame and slightly smaller/narrower across which I like. I think it's meant for the duck boat crowd tbh. Drew Cook/Drew Benton both run the smaller version, I think it's just better suited for the bass boat crowd.

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I have had mine for couple years and love it. Sure is nice for lower back. I know a lot of people don’t use anything up front but I dure do. Even took mine on recent canada trip,in my buddy’s boat. Worth every penny
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    There's a blue graphic one on website that's even smaller than the Mossy Oak. I may have to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by 8upwithfishin' View Post
    There's a blue graphic one on website that's even smaller than the Mossy Oak. I may have to try them out.
    Interesting, I don't think that one was out when I picked up mine. Notice it's only 1/2" less across and wide - wonder about the roi on making one so similar in size to the 301 version. Assume from the color scheme it's meant for the bluewater crowd.

17. Member
    Good information, especially for the ones of us who have sore/aching backs. Thanks for sharing as I am interested in the #300 type backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Good information, especially for the ones of us who have sore/aching backs. Thanks for sharing as I am interested in the #300 type backrest.
    The back brace is not a millinium product, it's from Mosher Marine... I've considered one but the cost keeps me away :(.

Mosher Marine Butt Seat Back Brace

19. Member
    I have the Millennium B100 and I love it. It is very strong and the mesh is great for Florida. Now that I am older, I don't stand and lean as much. I sit and fish a lot with my foot on thw trolling motor.... Best seat I ever fished from. Very very strong and has a comfortable curve for upper and lower back. I also fold it down and sit on it sometimes sort of like a bike seat.
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 06-11-2023 at 11:17 AM.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I have the Millennium B100 and I love it. It is very strong and the mesh is great for Florida. Now that I am older, I don't stand and lean as much. I sit and fish a lot with my foot on thw trolling motor.... Best seat I ever fished from. Very very strong and has a comfortable curve for upper and lower back. I also fold it down and sit on it sometimes sort of like a bike seat.
    The original post is very old but I have to add my two cents and agree the B100 seat is great. My back and legs feel much better after a day fishing using the B100 than any other seat I've ever used. The money I spent for my B100 was money well spent:-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast